N/S (well kind of) What Happened to Kenny Wilkerson? (1 Viewer)

I always wonder how would Payton and Buddy D have got along. Sad we never got to witness that.

Good.

But its because Buddy D would defend our players despite being bad and at fault. Like all the times he would defend Aaron Brooks especially after the Tampa game where he would fumble like 4 times. Buddy D was always on the good side of the front office, coaches, Benson, what not.

Kaare Johnson, son of WWL TV editorial commentator, Phil Johnson.

When i was a kid in the late 1970s, the popular toy to have was a “Mr Potato Head”.. when i was about 3 yrs old, Phil Johnson was in his heyday, delivering his sizzling hot takes as “editorials” on Channel 4.. once, i looked up at Phil on the teevee, and said to my mom “Look, it’s Mr Potato Head!”.. so from then on, in my family, the name stuck and that’s always been his nickname.

2D7DFC5A-195C-4884-9B51-687D9A29466A.jpeg

I wish we had a "historical archive" of posts from the past. The Wilkerson posts were pretty epic. I couldn't believe his candor. The others that were on here with real inside info who shared pretty openly would have to be included, too. There were some great contributors on here in the day. Some of Wilkerson's info had a "come on man" life to them, but a LOT of what he put out there, I have heard before from people in "the know" and from Saints players at the time beforehand or verified through "horse's mouths". The Haslett years had some real crap going on that could make an excellent HBO dramatic series that would seem almost unbelievable. It was amazing that he shared so much and we all were so happy to get some of the "inside info", but SR didn't help his career...LOL. RIP KW!

I do miss the "community" vibe of the old Iron Era days and early SR. I lost my account during one of the early crashes and had to start a new one in 2002, but I think I was on in 98ish initially. It is strange to look back and see a good amount of the old regulars that have left us onto the big forum in the sky.

After I read all of these posts, I'm reminded of one thing. At least Seth Dunlap isn't on WWL anymore. What a tool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom