n/s What current qb is a lock for the HOF (1 Viewer)

I think Rivers, Ryan, and Dalton would have to accomplish a lot more to get in.

Rivers is the next Marino or Moon IMO; statistically superb but without a SB win. He is 8th in TDs, passer rating and completion % and 13th in yards. Obviously the yards and TDs will continue to look better. He is on the same level as Eli and Big Ben statistically just without the SB wins. His win % is similar to Eli's as well. I think at the end of the day he is in but likely not on the first couple of ballots.

Rivers is the next Marino or Moon IMO; statistically superb but without a SB win. He is 8th in TDs, passer rating and completion % and 13th in yards. Obviously the yards and TDs will continue to look better. He is on the same level as Eli and Big Ben statistically just without the SB wins. His win % is similar to Eli's as well. I think at the end of the day he is in but likely not on the first couple of ballots.

I think you have to look at era - not just raw numbers. QBs throw a lot more now that they used to, but how does Rivers stack up against his peers? Rivers has one passing title (yards) and one shared TD crown. I don't think that is HOF caliber if he isn't also winning titles or MVPs.

If Stafford plays 2-3 more years, he will make the Hall.

QB's, especially in large metro areas, get a leg up.

Vinne Testaverde blows Stafford out of the water when it comes to stats. Testaverde will never sniff the hall. I'm not saying Stafford won't ever make
it, but he needs to accomplish a lot more.

Locks
Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
Rodgers

Near Locks
Manning

Some work to do
Rivers

Could be on there way
Ryan

All of this is assuming a career not cut short by injury. So I expect Rodgers to put up nearly another half dozen years of very good numbers. Manning probably the same, if he gets north of 400 TDs, then he is in. Rivers may have to get a significant playoff run, otherwise he will have to continue to put up good numbers late into his 30s. Ryan would be in that very same boat as Rivers, as he suffers with very little playoff success. A player like Russell Wilson is just looking at longevity to get in, as he has already done enough in the post season.

Drew and Brady are easily HOF QBs. But I'd also go with E. Manning, Rodgers, and Big Ben. They might not be first ballot guys, but I see them eventually getting in, too.

Brees and Brady are 1st ballot.

I think Big Ben will eventually make it along with Eli. Eli has the benefit of the Manning name and beating Brady twice. Big Ben is a multiple super bowl winner, super tough, and monster stats. Aaron Rogers has 7-8 years to go and isn't trending the right direction, but I'd bet on him being the best QB of the next 7-8 years after Brees and Brady retire after the next 2-3.

So those two Super Bowl MVPs don't matter? And he's gonna reach 50,000 yards next year - to go with two rings and those MVPs.

Y'all are wack!

Yup, this was pretty much going to be my point. I challenge anyone to find me a Qb that has 2 Super Bowl rings as a starter that isnt in the Hall of Fame.

He is a lock. As is Ben.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom