n/s What current qb is a lock for the HOF (1 Viewer)

I think Rivers, Ryan, and Dalton would have to accomplish a lot more to get in.

Keep in mind the bar is lower for QB's than LB's and OL.

If Dalton's career ended in a year or 2, not a chance. If he continues to be healthy, and plays into his mid-30's, he is a lock.

Rivers and Ryan are first tier QB's. If they play 3-4 more years, they will hold so many records they will be first ballot HOF.

If Stafford plays 2-3 more years, he will make the Hall.

QB's, especially in large metro areas, get a leg up.

In some respects that is true, although....
Only 7 HoF QBs never won a title game, only 2 of them were never in a title game.

Almost a 3rd of the HoF LBers never won a title.

Almost half of the OLineman in the Hall of Fame never won a title.

But yes it is disproportional considering most rosters carry at least 3 or 4 times the number of positions as the number of QB spots.

You keep spouting out locks. Did you not see Icehot's post #13? Yeah, QBs have a leg up, but there aren't many slots to plug them in.

Eli is getting in off of his last name alone.

There isnt any with his last name in yet.

WAIT! may be you are right MAN ....
Are you counting Jimmy Conzelman, Benny Friedman, Tuffy Lemans, Sid Luckman, Troy Aikman, Dan Fortmann, Link Lyman, Gary Zimmerman, Chris Doleman, Sid Gillman?

Do you realize that Matt Stafford has never won a playoff game? There's no way he makes it unless that changes.

If Dalton's career ended in a year or 2, not a chance. If he continues to be healthy, and plays into his mid-30's, he is a lock.

Rivers and Ryan are first tier QB's. If they play 3-4 more years, they will hold so many records they will be first ballot HOF.

Dalton isn't getting in without playoff wins, if not Super Bowl wins. Same for Ryan and Rivers. They could get in, I just don't think they are locks.

I think there will be a perceived "logjam" at QB in the coming years/decades because so many have big numbers but never really separated themselves from the pack.

Im willing to bet Rich Eisen gets in before Matt Stafford.

He should, but Stafford will get in first. :hihi:

Stafford is a far more prolific QB than Archie, for example, and will continue to play several more years. There are rumblings that Archie deserves to be in.

Championships and wins are definitely a factor, but when you pile up crazy wild stats for 15 years, you're in.

Dalton isn't getting in without playoff wins, if not Super Bowl wins. Same for Ryan and Rivers. They could get in, I just don't think they are locks.

I think there will be a perceived "logjam" at QB in the coming years/decades because so many have big numbers but never really separated themselves from the pack.

If Dalton continues on his present trajectory, he will have piled up jaw-dropping stats by the time he retires.

You may be right about the log jam. In fact, I sort of hope so. It cheapens the HOF to put players in simply because they were popular.

He should, but Stafford will get in first. :hihi:

Stafford is a far more prolific QB than Archie, for example, and will continue to play several more years. There are rumblings that Archie deserves to be in.

Championships and wins are definitely a factor, but when you pile up crazy wild stats for 15 years, you're in.
Archie isnt even an option to get in this year. Chad Johnson, Dan Reeves, and Doug Flutie literally have a better chance to get in than Archie.

Anybody on the planet can nominate anybody that meets even the most minimum criteria. For instance you could nominate Vince Buck if you wanted to.

The reason I picked Rich Eisen is because contributors come from a different pool of slots than players and coaches (who share the same pool of 5 selections). I think thats the part of the process you dont seem to be grasping.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom