N/S What's With These Teams Not Starting Rookie QBs? (1 Viewer)

HogsNSaints

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Jets, Bills, and Broncos have all been eliminated from contention, have nothing to play for and are lacking a franchise QB, yet they're still refusing to get a good look at what they've got. I feel all 3 teams have to know Petty, Manuel, and Siemien are not long terms answers. Maybe Hackenberg, Cardale and Lynch aren't either, but don't you at least see what they can offer in that situation? Just seems strange to me.

All of those QBs suck and they know it. Why bother embarrassing the team or that QB. Lynch may still have a career ahead of him, but those other guys probably shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Hackenberg and Jones were projected to be 1st rounders at one point. The fact that with a season in the trash bin, these guys can't get playing time speaks more to why the head coaches are getting canned, or in Kubiak's case people are realizing he isn't a top shelf coach.

You get these young guys playing time and see what you have, or you enter the following offseason wondering "do I need to get a new qb on my roster?"

the Broncos are starting Lynch and the Bills are starting EJ Manuel

The Bills are starting Manuel only to prevent Taylor from sustaining a major injury that would guarantee the remaining $35 million on his contract.

Playing EJ Manuel is stupid. He's been on their team since 2013. They know what they have in him. Their GM and Ryan had been at odds over Manuel not playing because he doesn't want to admit that the Manuel pick is a bust. They should be playing someone who's never seen any real game play.

I hope the Broncos mess up and get rid of QB Trevor Simien. That kid has pro-bowl potential in a Sean Payton offense. I believe he can be a Tony Romo type of story. Please broncos undervalue him. I bet Payton would put in that claim fast.

I hope the Broncos mess up and get rid of QB Trevor Simien. That kid has pro-bowl potential in a Sean Payton offense. I believe he can be a Tony Romo type of story. Please broncos undervalue him. I bet Payton would put in that claim fast.

When was the last time, other than Peyton Manning, that Kubiak had a QB find success in his offense? Even with Manning, they openly admitted to adjusting his offense to what Peyton wanted to run. Seems his offense is just not QB friendly for whatever reason. It's hard to evaluate the QBs in his system. But, Simien looks like he has some of the tools to be successful.

All of those QBs suck and they know it. Why bother embarrassing the team or that QB. Lynch may still have a career ahead of him, but those other guys probably shouldn't even be in the NFL.

You seriously think it's possible for the Jets offense to embarrass themselves even more than they have? Hackenberg was taken in round 2. I thought that was a terrible pick, but they liked him enough then. The fan base is watching the offense look awful, what do you think it's doing knowing they refuse to give the big investment a chance?

Cardale has drawn rave reviews from beat writers and schematically fits that Buffalo WR corp perfectly. It seems like a no brainer but apparently they're convinced EJ has some value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom