N/S When is Dallas supposed to go all Dallas (1 Viewer)

The only thing I will say about Dallas is this - look how many of their wins have come against teams with sub-.500 records. I believe it's 7 out of their 10 wins.

The Eagles took them to overtime after flubbing a late lead. The Steelers pretty much did the same.

IMO they are somewhat of an illusion and a talented team with some veterans on it can beat them.

ETA: Even before the season they had one of the easiest schedules based on last years' records. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000652553/article/2016-strength-of-schedule-for-each-team

Just keep in mind that the playoffs are different. All veterans talk about that - and how surprising it is to you when you first experience it. I'm pretty sure that no rookie QB starter has ever led their team through the playoffs to a Super Bowl, much less won one.

Dak is impressive and has great tools around him. But it would be taking this great season to an historic level if he were to do that.

Didn't Marino do it?

The only thing I will say about Dallas is this - look how many of their wins have come against teams with sub-.500 records. I believe it's 7 out of their 10 wins.

The Eagles took them to overtime after flubbing a late lead. The Steelers pretty much did the same.

IMO they are somewhat of an illusion and a talented team with some veterans on it can beat them.

Yeah, they're not blowing out teams and imposing their will. Pittsburg was in a position to kick a FG and win had they not stupidly gone for two points on every single score and failed. Washington was in a position to kick a FG a win had they not missed two FGs and a 2-point conversion. So many of their wins were like that this season. We've seen this a lot with Atlanta over the years: their victories are more about what their opponents didn't do as opposed to what they did do. Therefore, they look out-of-this-world and unstoppable during the regular season. Yet the postseason has a way of returning them to earth.

Yeah, they're not blowing out teams and imposing their will. Pittsburg was in a position to kick a FG and win had they not stupidly gone for two points on every single score and failed. Washington was in a position to kick a FG a win had they not missed two FGs and a 2-point conversion. So many of their wins were like that this season. We've seen this a lot with Atlanta over the years: their victories are more about what their opponents didn't do as opposed to what they did do. Therefore, they look out-of-this-world and unstoppable during the regular season. Yet the postseason has a way of returning them to earth.
Eagles were up by 10 going into the 4th, I believe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom