N/S When is Dallas supposed to go all Dallas (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Am I the only one wondering when the emperor will realize he isn't wearing clothes? The Cowboys are playing very well, and while they have things opponents can expose, they more than cover that up with slowing things down with the run.

I am trying to look at this as unbiased as possible, but if they can finish with the #1 seed, I don't know who can beat them. In the postseason, in the cold weather, its all about being able to run the ball, and shut down the run. The Cowboys have the 3rd best run defense, and the 2nd best run offense. They are built for a postseason run.

So I ask, when is Dallas supposed to go all Dallas, and muck things up?

Am I the only one wondering when the emperor will realize he isn't wearing clothes? The Cowboys are playing very well, and while they have things opponents can expose, they more than cover that up with slowing things down with the run.

I am trying to look at this as unbiased as possible, but if they can finish with the #1 seed, I don't know who can beat them. In the postseason, in the cold weather, its all about being able to run the ball, and shut down the run. The Cowboys have the 3rd best run defense, and the 2nd best run offense. They are built for a postseason run.

So I ask, when is Dallas supposed to go all Dallas, and muck things up?

I hate to say it, but without Romo there to choke...they may never go full Dallas.

Dak made the difference. They will be hard to beat. No deficiencies

Dak and Elliot are an impressive rookie duo, and would be even more fun to watch if they didn't have a star on their helmets.

They are our 2015 Panthers. Overachieving by lot and got to play against a super weak AFC WEST and NFC North. They'll come back down to earth in the Playoffs or in the Superbowl.

The Cowboys have the 3rd best run defense, and the 2nd best run offense.

This is it right here. Even with all the rule changes in recent years/eras, the game still comes down to what happens in the trenches. Ignorant teams spend all their money on flashy playmakers, while the perennial winners focus on the LOS.

Unfortunately, we are one of those ignorant teams for the most part. Payton loves his toys and the picks/money spent on defense are for the secondary & safeties.

We always praise how Drew can make chicken salad out of chicken ****, yet we trade picks away to acquire weapons for him.
We are strongest through the air and thus build for a defense that can defend the pass. But we don't invest in pass rushers.

As an identity it makes total sense, but the execution of it is flawed.

They are our 2015 Panthers. Overachieving by lot and got to play against a super weak AFC WEST and NFC North. They'll come back down to earth in the Playoffs or in the Superbowl.

AFC West? Prob the strongest division in the league right now...

i don't think they'll have an issue the rest of the way,now once they get to the piece of work and have to deal with say a seattle they may have a issue, Honestly though they have the key elements to win it all pro bowl o-line, QB making solid reads and not a romo mistake and a good enough defense to get stops when needed. man i need a shower now :throwup:

They also have only turned the ball over 7 times in 11 games. So they don't shoot themselves in the foot.

We have a dline that will give their oline trouble

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

The luck is on their side this year. I'm not saying they are gonna win the Superbowl but they will be the #1 seed in the NFC this season.

I gotta give them credit where it's due. They were bad, bad, bad since after the 2009 season and spent years drafting OL and really solidified their front. Now they've not only found their franchise QB of the future but a feature RB in Elliot. How lucky are they?

I'm still hoping they are one and done in the playoffs, would put a great big smile on my face, lol!

Just keep in mind that the playoffs are different. All veterans talk about that - and how surprising it is to you when you first experience it. I'm pretty sure that no rookie QB starter has ever led their team through the playoffs to a Super Bowl, much less won one.

Dak is impressive and has great tools around him. But it would be taking this great season to an historic level if he were to do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom