N/S Where do you see Cam and Jameis ending up? (2 Viewers)

Winston and Cam will end up with either the Chargers, Jacksonville, Washington, or the Patriots. They will be starters because all hating aside they are very talented QB's. The question with Cam is his health and the question for Winston is not between the ears as another Who Dat suggested but his eyes. It's been known since he was in college that his vision is bad. So bad that he wears prescription goggles in practice. With the vision correction he might be scary good.
I say they are talented athletes. Can throw a football very far and fast. Are they talented QBs? I think that remains to be seen.

I say they are talented athletes. Can throw a football very far and fast. Are they talented QBs? I think that remains to be seen.

Cam won a MVP and made it to a Super Bowl. Not to mention on every other level (high School and college) he's a Champion. Winston did the same minus the MVP. I think that qualifies as a talented QB. A lot goes into this, coaching, supporting cast, defense.

Like I said peeps. Put all the hate aside if there was no Brees I wouldn't be opposed to either being our QB (only Cam if healthy).

I mean it's pretty clear that Cam Newton was a talented QB. He was the MVP of the league. His issue is wear and tear and injury, not whether or not he's a capable QB. That's a debate that's already been settled.

Winston, sure.

Cam won a MVP and made it to a Super Bowl. Not to mention on every other level (high School and college) he's a Champion. Winston did the same minus the MVP. I think that qualifies as a talented QB. A lot goes into this, coaching, supporting cast, defense.

Like I said peeps. Put all the hate aside if there was no Brees I wouldn't be opposed to either being our QB (only Cam if healthy).

Cam is a competent QB, no doubt. I think a lot depends on how you view the talent level of a QB. Hate aside (which is hard because of how he carries himself), Cam is just below that threshold where a QB uses his legs to create time to throw. I don't put Cam on the level of Wilson or Mahomes. I say Cam is a talented athlete with great QB attributes. I know we are spoiled with Drew, but he exemplifies my point; he's a good athlete with standard QB attributes. But he is a GREAT QB. The QB position is unlike any other in the sport. The cognitive demand of the position for success is what separates the competent from the great. Obviously this is rare to come by. To get the athleticism and the cognition together is generational. Would you call Tom Brady a talented athlete? Dude looked like his legs were going to shatter in his combine 40.

Cam is a talented athlete with great QB attributes, but he is not a talented QB.

Plus, we all know how BS that MVP status is.

I mean it's pretty clear that Cam Newton was a talented QB. He was the MVP of the league. His issue is wear and tear and injury, not whether or not he's a capable QB. That's a debate that's already been settled.

Winston, sure.
Capable and talented are two very different things to me.

Cam is a competent QB, no doubt. I think a lot depends on how you view the talent level of a QB. Hate aside (which is hard because of how he carries himself), Cam is just below that threshold where a QB uses his legs to create time to throw. I don't put Cam on the level of Wilson or Mahomes. I say Cam is a talented athlete with great QB attributes. I know we are spoiled with Drew, but he exemplifies my point; he's a good athlete with standard QB attributes. But he is a GREAT QB. The QB position is unlike any other in the sport. The cognitive demand of the position for success is what separates the competent from the great. Obviously this is rare to come by. To get the athleticism and the cognition together is generational. Would you call Tom Brady a talented athlete? Dude looked like his legs were going to shatter in his combine 40.

Cam is a talented athlete with great QB attributes, but he is not a talented QB.

Mahomes and Wilson are what I classify as next level talent. I believe Cam could've been on that level with a offensive minded coach. I don't like his antics either. Same goes for Winston. In my opinion Drew is the greatest because he doesn't have the physical attributes but he still shines day in and day out. Some of that credit has to be given to Sean Payton though. I'm not sure that we would have seen the Brees we all know if Ron Rivera was his coach, but he would've still been a force.

I believe Brady is the luckiest man alive because he was in the right place at the right time and took advantage of the opportunity that presented itself. He was coached by the greatest football mind that has possibly ever lived. That goes a long way and I have a feeling he will get exposed in Tampa. Of course everyone will blame it on his age.

Mahomes and Wilson are what I classify as next level talent. I believe Cam could've been on that level with a offensive minded coach. I don't like his antics either. Same goes for Winston. In my opinion Drew is the greatest because he doesn't have the physical attributes but he still shines day in and day out. Some of that credit has to be given to Sean Payton though. I'm not sure that we would have seen the Brees we all know if Ron Rivera was his coach, but he would've still been a force.

I believe Brady is the luckiest man alive because he was in the right place at the right time and took advantage of the opportunity that presented itself. He was coached by the greatest football mind that has possibly ever lived. That goes a long way and I have a feeling he will get exposed in Tampa. Of course everyone will blame it on his age.

I really want to agree that Cam, in the right system, with the right guidance, would be a multi Lombardi winner. But I think the immaturity and reliance on athletic attributes are what ultimately holds him back from achieving greatness. There is just something about his attitude and his demeanor throughout each and every game that makes me a non-believer. Take for instance that famous moment where the Packers defenders call the wheel route and Cam says "Oh, you been watching film huh?" That play simply was Cam knowing they were running a variation of that same look. He didn't audible, he didn't make any adjustments. He had one read and the defense told him they were taking the bait.

I think Brady/Belichick and Brees/Payton have a lot in common. The ratios are speculatively different where Belichick and Brees hold the majority of credit, but there's no doubt the marriage of HC and QB have been a reason for the long term success. Definitely agree Brees is a superior QB to Brady. Always has been and always will be. We get to finally find out where the talent and credit had lied with the Patriots. I would say though, if Brady, at his age, makes the Bucs a 10+ win team, then some credit is definitely due.

Favre was a gunslinger and had a good career. It can work with the right coaching.
Farve was not trying to eat his fingers before games. While his play style may have been sort of similar to Jameis, his demeanor and intelect were significantly more suited to success in the nfl.

Yeah, it's the problem with Cam and even more so with Jameis. They have all the tools other than the mental capacity required to be a great qb. Good decision making is always going to trump athleticism and arm talent when it comes to playing qb in the nfl.

Or he just take a few thousand out of that multi-million dollar contract and get lasik surgery. Which he finally did. lol. Outside of the interceptions he's actually good.
and outside of stopping wide receivers Jason David was actually good

You can call it whatever you want, but he was also very capable. He was the best player in football at one point.
So you're saying Cam is better than Drew? Drew has never won MVP so I guess he's not a great QB. It's amazing to see people defend Cam Newton because he won an MVP.

And I call it based on definition. Its not tomato tomato.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom