N/S Why Kaepernik won't stand during national anthem (1 Viewer)

I hear what you're saying, and I understand that I don't totally get everything that's associated with this situation.
But, to typical Joe white dude who just finished mowing his lawn, and who's wife just took their daughter to go get a drink at hipster coffee shop close by, this protest does not raise awareness for the cause.

In reality, it serves to provide him an easy made excuse as to why it's not as big of a problem as people say, and why you can ignore and dismiss it.

I'm not saying that it's right, I'm just telling how these instances tend to work out among those that I know and come in contact with.

Truthfully, it makes it more difficult for all but the most ardent SJW's to argue in defense of taking steps to fix some of the problems we as a society face. And that to me is unfortunate.

Great point. Consider myself corrected.

He doesn't stand because he's getting comfortable on the bench he is warming.

What a tool. You got a problem with a society issue, get up and do something about it.

Problem with this type of protest is many see it as an insult to veterans etc , it also can be seen as away for some to draw attention to themselves as the primary motive .

There are better avenues IMO

I suppose this does belong on the political message board.

I too am outraged... At seeing policemen who risk their lives every day blasted by the POTUS and media for doing so when some thug is killed in the act of committing yet another crime

I too am outraged... at seeing the decay of family values, particularly in the AA community where 7 out of 10 babies are born without a father in the house

I too am outraged... at seeing more and more of our tax dollars being thrown down the tubes to support failing American cities

I too am outrage.... at seeing more of those dollars (trillions) being wasted in Lyndon Johnson's Great Society programs

yea I am a white guy... but I am tired (outraged) and being blamed for every social ill...

Mr. K.... why don't you start a program encouraging young AA men to respect women and if they become a father.. BE A FATHER...

Mr K... why don't you go into these decaying cities and be outraged at the policies that create generation after generation of dependency on government...

It is easy to sit on your behind as a protest and then hop into your mercedes, drive home to you mansion... It is harder to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT..

It is easy to blame the white devil slave masters.... to be a victim

Mr K... become a MAN..

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." Thomas Sowell

It's funny how most Americans are appalled at his protest and not the actual oppression. Trippy world this is

Not sure why that would be funny or a surprise. The guy can say and behave as he wishes but it should not be "trippy" when you accuse the very fans who support you as oppressors and then aghast you get push back. Come on. What I find funny is that we are supposed to believe that someone who is paid millions of dollars to play a game is oppressed. Instead of protesting the symbol of the country that has been very good to him, why doesn't he reach out to those he expresses such pity for and work with them and show them how they can make it like him. Instead he chooses to engaged in this infantile behavior. He deserves NO RESPECT. Really trip huh?

Well, to be fair, that's kinda why people are willing to risk their life for this nation, so that we can be free to express support for whichever political, religious, or lifestyle movement we want to, without government oppression or repercussion.

Now, that doesn't mean that this is going to sit well with his league or its fans, and will possibly help bring a premature end to his career. But he's free to walk that path if he so desires.

Trust me...military service members, both past and present, can give two deuces about Colin Kaepernick.

Not sure why that would be funny or a surprise. The guy can say and behave as he wishes but it should not be "trippy" when you accuse the very fans who support you as oppressors and then aghast you get push back. Come on. What I find funny is that we are supposed to believe that someone who is paid millions of dollars to play a game is oppressed. Instead of protesting the symbol of the country that has been very good to him, why doesn't he reach out to those he expresses such pity for and work with them and show them how they can make it like him. Instead he chooses to engaged in this infantile behavior. He deserves NO RESPECT. Really trip huh?
protesting is infantile behavior , what a baby Muhammad Ali was

As a Marine Corps vet I have no real problem with what he's doing. On a personal level I do find it upsetting; however, he has every single right to do this as an American and people have every right to be upset. That's the freedoms we are afforded thanks to others who have fought and died for us. It isn't a slight or attack against vets in my opinion. There's even a video floating around of him taking extra time after a game to stop and sign autographs and stuff for Military members/families. I just hope he does more for suffering communities than sitting during the national anthem.

Why doesn't he protest black people killing their own? Far more African Americans are killed in this manner than by an officer. Simple and true. Who knew?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom