N/S Wild ending to a HS game. (1 Viewer)

anguish.jpg

Bonnabel vs St Aug in the 1995? Playoffs

Bonnabel was a HUGE underdog to St Aug. Bonnabel was winning and their offense was around midfield and it was 4th Down. They were up by three and were going to try and run the clock out. The QB takes the snap and scrambles back all the way to his endzone while the Defense chased him. He saw the time run out and heaved the ball into the air to celebrate the win. However since the play is not over until the ball is "down" a DE caught the ball in the endzone with 0:00 on the clock to win the game.

Bonnabel vs St Aug in the 1995? Playoffs

Bonnabel was a HUGE underdog to St Aug. Bonnabel was winning and their offense was around midfield and it was 4th Down. They were up by three and were going to try and run the clock out. The QB takes the snap and scrambles back all the way to his endzone while the Defense chased him. He saw the time run out and heaved the ball into the air to celebrate the win. However since the play is not over until the ball is "down" a DE caught the ball in the endzone with 0:00 on the clock to win the game.

ouch.

Reminds me of my girlfriend's son playing soccer last week. 2nd half he got the ball and dribbled past the entire team and took a wicked shot on goal. Except he forgot that the teams switch sides at the half so the team he dribbled past was his own. And the goal, well...

Coaches, you can't assume that the players know everything....

Wow!! I'm still laughing inside. Poor kid, imagine how bad he feels!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom