N/S Will Aaron Donald break single season sack record? (2 Viewers)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Strahan holds the record with 22.5 sacks.

Donald is sitting at 16.5 sacks with 4 games remaining.

Donald did not have a sack the first 3 games of the season after holding out during camp so all 16.5 sacks have come in the last 9 games which means he has been averaging 1.8 sacks per game over that stretch. He needs 6.5 sacks to break the record which is exactly what he has in his last 3 games.

If he breaks the record does he become a threat to win the MVP?

Aaron Donald has played every game this season. Regardless, the guy will most likely break the record. All he needs is one decent game. He’s a monster.

Strahan holds the record with 22.5 sacks.

Donald is sitting at 16.5 sacks with 4 games remaining.

Donald did not have a sack the first 3 games of the season after holding out during camp so all 16.5 sacks have come in the last 9 games which means he has been averaging 1.8 sacks per game over that stretch. He needs 6.5 sacks to break the record which is exactly what he has in his last 3 games.

If he breaks the record does he become a threat to win the MVP?

I don't know. But if drew does not get it I hope donald does. He is playing amazing football. I've seen rbs play like gurley before and I've seen qbs like mahomes. I've never seen a dt dominate like donald (or a qb like brees) this year.

Especially if we start counting playoff results like ESPN does for Brady now. ;)

Considering who he's playing against I say yes.

Aaron Donald has played every game this season. Regardless, the guy will most likely break the record. All he needs is one decent game. He’s a monster.
Right but he had 0 sacks in the first 3 games. Since then he's had 16.5.

He got zero sacks against us...

tenor.gif

Right but he had 0 sacks in the first 3 games. Since then he's had 16.5.

I totally misread that as he held out the first few games...my bad! Nonetheless the dude is insane. I hope he breaks the record.

When Donald has a bad game the Rams still win, When Drew has a bad game the Saints lose only giving up 13 points on D. Who is more valuable?

I don't think he breaks it unless the Saints are pushing the Rams for 1st seed. Otherwise he may be rested the last gane.

It would be great if he breaks the record. Strahan got it only with the "Favre Flop" so it would be nice for this record to go to someone more worthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom