N/S...WTH Rams??? (1 Viewer)

SweetT

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This stadium better cure Covid-19 or something. How the heck does the initial $2 billion stadium grow into $6 billion (most likely $7 billion) that fast?
And kudos to the Chargers for barely forking over anything to share that stadium.

I don't know much about state affairs and politics of California, but from what I am reading and understanding, that state is in serious financial crisis. Having 2 teams in LA that people don't really support and a new stadium that is seems to be a failure before it even open, this doesn't look good at all.

And what are they going to do with that stadium when they realize there’s no fan support and the teams get moved? Hefty price for an abandoned building.

There's still a ton they could do. I mean, it's literally LA. Concerts, just to name one.

So its a loan? What's the problem?
It was a $2 billion dollar stadium, that is now at $6 billion. Do you not see a problem?

It's actually very annoying when people try to push things on me that I don't ask for.

Largely because it often feels like there's some underlying motive behind it, whether it be that they're simply wanting to get rid of it.......or setting up to be able to ask for something in the future (hey I gave you that free stuff that time......therefore, you should come through on this request for me).

That's what "2 teams in Los Angeles" feels like. People always joke that nobody out there cared either way......but I do think there was legit interest from that city in bringing the Rams back. But then it somehow turned into "oh oh oh here, here, here, take the Chargers too" rather than "hey, we'd really like to have another one of these NFL teams as well, can you make that happen ??" And you can't help but question the underlying motive...

I can remember when the Louisiana Superdome was being proposed to the taxpayers it originally had a $90 million dollar price tag. When the final cost 'exploded' to $163 million, some folks acted like we had been ripped off. These days even maintenance and enhancement projects almost always costs more than what we paid for the entire stadium project back in the early '70s.

The bottom line will always be the issue of whether the project will be able to eventually cover all those costs and enhance the local economy. Clearly all the costs associated with the Superdome has been paid back to the taxpayers many times over since it's dedication in 1975. Not bad for a 45 year old facility! :9:

It's hard to imagine that the $6 billion stadium in Los Angeles will be able to turn a profit anytime soon. :covri:

I can remember when the Louisiana Superdome was being proposed to the taxpayers it originally had a $90 million dollar price tag. When the final cost 'exploded' to $163 million, some folks acted like we had been ripped off. These days even maintenance and enhancement projects almost always costs more than what we paid for the entire stadium project back in the early '70s.

The bottom line will always be the issue of whether the project will be able to eventually cover all those costs and enhance the local economy. Clearly all the costs associated with the Superdome has been paid back to the taxpayers many times over since it's dedication in 1975. Not bad for a 45 year old facility! :9:

It's hard to imagine that the $6 billion stadium in Los Angeles will be able to turn a profit anytime soon. :covri:

$163 million back then is like more than $1 billion today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom