N/S: XFL TV ratings week 1 (2 Viewers)

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I figure this deserves its own thread -- and it's good news for the XFL and football fans generally.

tenor.gif

How does that compare with other sports that day?

Both Saturday games were entertaining. I only saw bits and pieces of the Sunday games, but they didn’t seem to be as good.

The original XFL started strong too. It fizzled over of its first season. We’ll have to see if it has staying power this time around. I watched a little - it wasn’t terrible, it wasn’t incredible. Something along the lines of the USFL (for those who remember it). No where near as gimmicky as the original. It did seem like the Refs had a lot less influence on the outcomes as Goodell’s NFL so there’s that.

Same thing happened with XFL 1.0, people tuning in for the curiosity factor. We'll see if they keep it up.

I think they should've waited a couple months until Spring to kick off.

Or more importantly how does it compare to the AAF?
I believe it’s head and shoulders better. Better rules, and better talent. I read an interview with a player (sorry I can’t remember who) who had success in the AAF, and did well in week 1 of the XFL. He spoke well of the AAF, but went on to say that the XFL is much closer to the NFL, especially in terms of speed.

The main problem the XFL, or any other league will have is OL quality. It’s not necessarily good in the NFL, so anything below that will be suspect at best.

Same thing happened with XFL 1.0, people tuning in for the curiosity factor. We'll see if they keep it up.

I think they should've waited a couple months until Spring to kick off.
Any other time and you’re messing with a players ability to be promoted to the NFL and you become a direct competitor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom