N/S Zach Thomas will be released next season? (1 Viewer)

No. He's old, injury prone, a concussion away from being a tragedy, and in a steep decline as a player.

If Bill Parcells who is a great talent evaluator and doesn't want him, why would we?

Zach Thomas is well past his prime and I don't think he will have another 100+ tackle season. He is injury prone on top of that. If he does get cut wouldn't he just retire?

if we don't have anything to give up, he could be a good 1 year gap filler. He could be a great mentor for someone younger that we draft.

Parcells was the one criticising the Jaguars for cutting Leftwich, simply because he was an asset and should have gotten at least something for him. I don't see him just cutting Thomas. He may not be there next year, but he'll try to get at least a 5th round pick for him.

Parcells was the one criticising the Jaguars for cutting Leftwich, simply because he was an asset and should have gotten at least something for him. I don't see him just cutting Thomas. He may not be there next year, but he'll try to get at least a 5th round pick for him.

Zach Thomas is not an assest. He has absoloutely zero trade value. No one would trade anything for him.

Zach Thomas is not an assest. He has absoloutely zero trade value. No one would trade anything for him.

He had 165 tackles last year. Just because he's old and missed 11 games this year due to injury doesn't mean he has no value. Many teams would trade for him if given the right price.

I would be willing to wager money on a Vegas line that not a single NFL team would trade a draft pick for Zach Thomas

I would take that bet if I knew that Parcells was willing to trade him.

Thomas averaged more than 10 tackles a game in the 5 games he did play this year. All Parcells would say is that you can keep a 30 year old Simoneau. I'll keep a 34 year old Zach Thomas. Seau is still playing at 40.

Hasn't he suffered a few concussions? Maybe I have him confused with Dan Morgan. :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom