N/S Zach Thomas will be released next season? (1 Viewer)

Hasn't he suffered a few concussions? Maybe I have him confused with Dan Morgan. :shrug:

He had a mild concussion this year but came back then got whiplash in a car accident about a month later. He also suffered some migraine headaches.

Look, Teddy Bruschi had a stroke and came back to play at a high level. I don't see how Zach Thomas can't come back from whiplash and play at a high level for at least two more years. If all he has left is two more years, that's fine by me. There's no need to only try to bring in 21 year olds that will be here for the next 10 years (which almost never happens anyway).

I'm not saying we should go after him, because I don't know if Parcells would even want to trade him, or for how much. But some of you can keep dreaming of building your team the Redskins way by signing every good young free agent for massive contracts while I dream of building my team the Patriot way by only spending first round picks almost exclusively on offensive linemen and defensive linemen and bringing in LBs that everyone thought was retired.

I'd pick him up if he were cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't look for much from him. I don't think he's any sort of answer at all. However, MLB is a spot we're weak in. If Zack Thomas would come over for the vet min, for example, sure why not.

But in no way, shape, or form do I allow myself to think for a moment that we've solved the MLB position. I'd still be out trying to get the best guy I could find.

He had a mild concussion this year but came back then got whiplash in a car accident about a month later. He also suffered some migraine headaches.

See, that's where I tend to draw the line between sports and life. A young man with head and neck injuries, needs to think about his future. I understand love of the game, but try to stick around for your family and loved ones, IMO. Be able to walk and think straight.
JMHO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom