N/S Zorn hired as Skins HC (1 Viewer)

Ah, he took the Giants to the Superbowl (with Kerry Collins at QB). I'll take a coach that stinks like that.

Brian Billick took the Ravens to the Superbowl AND won with Trent Dilfer. The same offensive guru Billick that coached the 'highly powered offense' Ravens. Where's he at now?

Christopherwalken007.jpg

Can't believe they'd turn Fassel away in favor of this dude....I half remember him as a player, he was somebody's backup QB.....

Actually he and Steve Largent made a pretty good combo back in the late 70's early 80's...he's in the Seahawk wall of fame (if thats what you call it)...my only question is what philosophy does he bring? he spent 7yrs under Holmgren maybe thats why Snyder decided to give him the job, Fassel was the OC for the ravens and there offense sucked and he got the play calling taking away from him...so that doesnt look to good on his resume and may of been why Snyder wasnt so sure he wanted to give him the job.

No, he was the starting QB in the 80's for the Seahawks while Steve Largent was his go-to receiver. He was a good QB; but I don't think he has much coaching experience at all.

Zorn was a excellent QB, I watched him throw a ton of TD passes while with the Hawks. The Zorn/Largent connection was one of the best.(One of the team's lone bright spots in the early days.) He and Dave Krieg passed Steve Largent into the Hall of Fame.

I was flipping past the local FOX station last night when they were talking about this. The "insiders" said that Williams reminded Snyder too much of Schottenheimer, and that all the coaches interviewing for the job knew it would only be a one year deal because Snyder hopes to lure Cower there next season.

Zorn was a excellent QB, I watched him throw a ton of TD passes while with the Hawks. The Zorn/Largent connection was one of the best.(One of the team's lone bright spots in the early days.) He and Dave Krieg passed Steve Largent into the Hall of Fame.

I remember those days; they also had (the original) Curt Warner and Kenny Easley on defense... As a kid, I always thought they had cool unis-- but not much success until about '84 or so, when I believe they made the playoffs or came close to it.

Well who were the coaches in the running? Fassel, Williams, Marriucci? I'll give Snyder some credit for not dipping into the recycled coaches pot. Some of these coaches may have had winning seasons, but I don't believe they were consistant winners. He wasn't gonna get an up and coming head coach to go there with the coordinators set already.

As we saw with Coughlin, recycled coaches never seen to have success.

/sarcasm off.

Sean Payton was the Giants OC that year...

Worst team to ever make the SuperBowl? Absolutely, worst SB game ever! He took over the Ravens offense, and somehow, made it worse.

In fact, Fassel took over the playcalling duties to get the Giants into the playoffs because Payton had stumbled badly that season. No reflection in the long term on S.P. though.

Well who were the coaches in the running? Fassel, Williams, Marriucci? I'll give Snyder some credit for not dipping into the recycled coaches pot. Some of these coaches may have had winning seasons, but I don't believe they were consistant winners. He wasn't gonna get an up and coming head coach to go there with the coordinators set already.

That's exactly why none of those coaches took the job.. who wants to move into a situation where all your coordinators and assistant coaches are already picked for you?

In fact, Fassel took over the playcalling duties to get the Giants into the playoffs because Payton had stumbled badly that season. No reflection in the long term on S.P. though.

I remember that! That was a BIG reason why I was against his hiring and others as well.

But the reverse came, he now seems to be a decent to good coach. Glad for that.

Fassel is a good coach though, surprised how he doesn't have a job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom