N/S Zorn hired as Skins HC (1 Viewer)

ha ha ha, won't have to worry about the Redskins for a few years

Greg Williams must be ticked...all those years as Gibbs' loyal second in command, and nothing to show for it in the way of gratitude.

Let's try to hire him away as Defensive Coordinator, maybe he'll make a lateral move if he wants out of Washington. *dang it nvm already hired*

Last edited:
Snyder can be a bit of a jerk when it comes to loyalty and rewarding employees for years of service with a pink slip. Yeah, he does remind me a bit of a more successful form of John Mecom, the only difference is of course Synder has had more success then Mecom did. I hate to say it also but the Skins had a good owner in Jack Kent Cooke in the time he was owner, call him a difficult man to work with but he won and let the Coaches do their jobs. He hired a HOF coach in Gibbs and they helped make Washington the co-team of the 80's with the Niners. Now their a joke with a meddling owner who cant let his coach do the job he hired to do.

Its completely ridiculous if you look at it. At least when they had JKC they won SB and not got beat up and switched coaches every 3-4 years like Synder does

Greg Williams must be ticked...all those years as Gibbs' loyal second in command, and nothing to show for it in the way of gratitude.

Let's try to hire him away as Defensive Coordinator, maybe he'll make a lateral move if he wants out of Washington.

He's already gone to Jacksonville

Can't believe they'd turn Fassel away in favor of this dude....I half remember him as a player, he was somebody's backup QB.....

Fassel stunk as a coach. The coordinators are already in place, what's it really matter?

Can't believe they'd turn Fassel away in favor of this dude....I half remember him as a player, he was somebody's backup QB.....
No, he was the starting QB in the 80's for the Seahawks while Steve Largent was his go-to receiver. He was a good QB; but I don't think he has much coaching experience at all.

No, he was the starting QB in the 80's for the Seahawks while Steve Largent was his go-to receiver. He was a good QB; but I don't think he has much coaching experience at all.

You're right on both accounts. NFL Network showed he had a bunch of position coach experience, no coordinator positions until Skins were going to make him OC. Guess he gets to skip that step now.

Well who were the coaches in the running? Fassel, Williams, Marriucci? I'll give Snyder some credit for not dipping into the recycled coaches pot. Some of these coaches may have had winning seasons, but I don't believe they were consistant winners. He wasn't gonna get an up and coming head coach to go there with the coordinators set already.

Wasn't Zorn a candidate for OC under Haslett? I could be mistaken but I could swear that he was an option.

Ah, he took the Giants to the Superbowl (with Kerry Collins at QB). I'll take a coach that stinks like that.

Worst team to ever make the SuperBowl? Absolutely, worst SB game ever! He took over the Ravens offense, and somehow, made it worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom