N/Saints...........Cam Newton.............lol (1 Viewer)

another way to call a cat kitten, there's 5 little letters
that we're missin here...... Ya down with OPP, yeah
you know me.... :)

Scam must not understand football. The point of the defense is to get to the quarterback.

Stay in the pocket and play like a passing QB. You can't have it both ways. Idiot!!!!

He's a running quarterback that is arrogant. He thinks no one will hit him?

Did yall watch the whole interview? The highlights of the missed calls on him yet again? Look I hate the Panthers but he's right. They've missed some very bad penalties on him this year. Now he's getting hit illegally in the pocket and getting no calls. He's right in the sense that refs are terrible and are inconsistent.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Is it worse than that year Drew got hammered illegally in what felt like every game with no flags?

Is it worse than that year Drew got hammered illegally in what felt like every game with no flags?
I think so yes. Brees has been pretty good at getting flags for years (which I'm very happy that we get btw).

b3e1da95fb65710daf956d9a6e4a8120.png

I want to hit him when he dresses like this. No wonder the defense does too.

There's a legitimate complaint to be made about how the concussion protocol is failing Cam (and other players). Medical personnel should be looking out for his best interest and remove him from the game after a big hit - yet they are leaving him in. That's the crux of the problem as I see it, not so much the issue of whether a flag is thrown. Quote from Deadspin:

What we end up with is a world in which 99 percent of the people who watched Newton get his head bashed around throughout that Week 1 game were sitting on their couches and thinking, “Damn, that was a big hit. I wonder if Newton is concussed?” only to have the NFL simply say, “In fact, our people disagree. Those hits were actually small, and Newton’s brain is fine.” This is the system working as intended; by design, it cannot fail.

I think so yes. Brees has been pretty good at getting flags for years (which I'm very happy that we get btw).

There was one year in particular that he wasn't, but I don't remember which one.

WRONG. /trumpvoice

If he wants to be treated like a QB, stop acting like a Full Back. He will continue to get hammered because he breaks tackles for long gains. That is the rice you pay if you want to run the zone read in the NFL. I would instruct my defense to hit him every time, whether he hands it off or not.
^^^^This
Mahatma or WaterMaid? White or Brown?

l2JhJTScxC3XGjtpm.gif

Look I hate Newton as much as the next guy. He is EASILY my most hated player in the NFL. I hate his attitude and think he a whiny little punk. But if this hit happened to Bress we would all be losing our collective minds. I think there is a case of "The Boy Who Cries Wolf" here. This is clearly a penalty, but since Newton cries and moans all the time no one cares what he has to say anymore.

All I see is a defender who launched at the quarterback before he throws. He is sailing through the air before Cam has even wound up. He makes initial contact above the knees. Drew would have protected himself and taken the sack, as I've seen him do many times in that situation. Protect yourself and the ball, don't try to be superhero, or you end up broken.

Oh I see what this is about. College dictates QB play. It takes a while to catch because of the longevity of contracts in the nfl but just like it is currently, you'll see less and less "traditional" QBs.

Officiating has to adjust and us "fans" are just gonna have to get used to it. Stop watching if u dont like it.

I want to hit him when he dresses like this. No wonder the defense does too.
I don't even know where to begin. Just when you think his hat is fit for a clown, look at his kicks :hihi: ..and a pink suit? :freak7:

Add this photo of him to the list of another reason why I'm glad Brees is our QB.

I don't have a problem with him complaining about the hit. I would if that were me. It should be a penalty every time. We don't need players diving at a QB's knees, especially when exposed like that. What I do have a problem with is Cam arrogantly thinking that it's just him and that he needs to go to Goodell to whine about it. I also have a problem with his on field antics when he gets a love tap and acts like he got hit by a truck. It's just takes away any credibility he has to complain in the first place.

Drew on the other hand is the definition of class and how you handle things. He's far more subtle, but knows how to handle himself when things get dicey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom