Nader considering another White House run (Update: Nader announces he will run) (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
February 22, 2008

Nader considering another White House run
Posted: 03:34 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) — Ralph Nader could be poised for another third party presidential campaign.

The consumer advocate will appear on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday. Nader launched his 2004 presidential run on the show.

A spokesman for Nader did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

This is interesting. I may not agree with Nader on the issues, but I respect the man.

I just glanced at the thread title and thought it read Nagin. That made me very happy, even though I was confused because I never remembered Ray-Ray ever running for the White House a first time. The soundbites from the campaign trail would have been classic!

Then, I realized that you really wrote "Nader" and I yawned...

Nader announces new run for president

By HOPE YEN, Associated Press Writer 54 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Ralph Nader said Sunday he will run for president as a third-party candidate, criticizing the top White House contenders as too close to big business and pledging to repeat a bid that will "shift the power from the few to the many."

Nader, 73, said most people are disenchanted with the Democratic and Republican parties due to a prolonged Iraq war and a shaky economy. The consumer advocate also blamed tax and other corporate-friendly policies under the Bush administration that he said have left many lower- and middle-class people in debt.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080224/ap_on_el_pr/nader

JMHO but i think he was the spoiler in the last two elections that got us the disastrous Bush administrations......i hold him partially responsible for the mess this country is in now.....i personally like the man, but if your not part of the solution your part of the problem........

Nader on Meet the Press this morning said that if the Democrats don't win in a landslide this year, they should "wrap it up"...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom