Najee Harris (1 Viewer)

I am good with Murray and going with with a very good 3rd running back in the rotation without having to draft one that high.

I think we go either safety, DT, or LB in round 1 after not re-signing Marcus Williams, Sheldon Rankins, and Anzalone . We have 7 DBs with expiring contracts, 3 DL, and 2 LB. No way we can resign them all

Unless SP and Loomis/Ireland trade up for a QB they like, it has to be either safety or CB. Williams is gone and Jenkins isn't getting any younger. Same goes for Jackrabbit, and who knows if Lattimore will even be realistically affordable (though I still pay him regardless if I'm the Saints.). LB is definitely a valid option, though.

Unless SP and Loomis/Ireland trade up for a QB they like, it has to be either safety or CB. Williams is gone and Jenkins isn't getting any younger. Same goes for Jackrabbit, and who knows if Lattimore will even be realistically affordable (though I still pay him regardless if I'm the Saints.). LB is definitely a valid option, though.
Why on Earth is Williams gone?

If he is available when we pick in the late first one i can see sean picking him. pairing him with Kamara would be a deadly duo for years
No doubt but no way he makes it that far in the 1st. The guy is a bigger more powerful version of Kamara. He is a 3 down back with power and can play any 3 WR spots.

Trading MT is not out of the question, along with Lattimore to acquire a player (Harris, Smith or Jones) or to acquire, or move up in the draft to get a player they want. Here is why. There is a large number of FA WR’s that will be hitting the market. There are some QB options as well. Lattimore may not be signable with the Saints signing Ram long term. They can then draft another CB (or two) and sign Godwin and Stafford. Then grab a LB’er (or two).

If he is available when we pick in the late first one i can see sean picking him. pairing him with Kamara would be a deadly duo for years
I don’t think we need a RB. We have other higher needs to fulfill. I think another CB will be good to pick up early or another big WR.
It would not surprise me. The Saints had Ruiz and Baun as the top 2 under consideration when they made their first round pick. And as luck would have it, they landed both. But they were extremely high on Jonathan Taylor. Extremely, extremely high. So it would not surprise me at all if they took a RB depending on how they have him graded. Keep in mind that Murray is 30 (actually turns 31 next week) and is headed in year 3 of a 4-year deal.

No doubt but no way he makes it that far in the 1st. The guy is a bigger more powerful version of Kamara. He is a 3 down back with power and can play any 3 WR spots.
With all due respect, Harris is nothing like Kamara.

Kamara is a generational talent and I’ve honestly never seen a running back do the things he does.

Complimentary running backs aren't expensive. Ideally you want to spend your high draft picks on the players that are expensive or impossible to sign. Quarterbacks, offensive tackles, pass rushers, shutdown corners.

you can find a funning back anywhere in the draft and even outside of the draft.

strengthen that offensive line, get some more speed at the WR position and draft a QB prospect to develop with Winston and Hill as the only viable players at that position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom