Name the 2020 “JT Barrett” (1 Viewer)

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score
Every year the saints seem to have one player they yo-yo on and off the roster a ton of times. Recently, it was JT Barrett. Just for fun, take your picks as to who will be this years roster boomerang.

Marquez Callaway

Watch, the Saints will bounce Callaway when Washington returns and keep Gillikin on the 53.

My 2nd guess would be Chase Hansen... He could start to yo-yo when Kiko gets healthy

My first thought would be one of the lineman...Kelly or EG

Andy Tanner I think was the all timer though. It would be interesting to see who in Saints history was actually called up and then released the most times.

Austin Carr. Nobody else wants him so he'll just hang round and help the practice squad. He's like a computer player with the setting:
- Safe and average player. Will not make any positive plays, but won't hurt the team either. His average abilities will ensure the ball goes to other players on the field.

Marquez Callaway

Watch, the Saints will bounce Callaway when Washington returns and keep Gillikin on the 53.

My 2nd guess would be Chase Hansen... He could start to yo-yo when Kiko gets healthy

My hope is that Callaway becomes a more productive version of Carr, in that when he IS on the active roster, he's targeted a bunch and catches passes.

And yes, Tanner and Carr are shoo-ins for the Camp Beast Hall of Fame once it's built :LOL:

My hope is that Callaway becomes a more productive version of Carr, in that when he IS on the active roster, he's targeted a bunch and catches passes.

And yes, Tanner and Carr are shoo-ins for the Camp Beast Hall of Fame once it's built :LOL:

Callaway would only need 2 catches and 18 yards to literally DOUBLE Austin Carr’s 2019 stats.

Did we get any clarification on why we're keeping 2 punters. Seems like a waste of a roster spot, no?
This probably has to do with how players can be promoted a few times directly to the roster and back to the practice squad and not be exposed to waivers while doing so. I believe you can do it twice but the third promotion the player must stay on the 53 or be waived on the next "roster flip". The two punters probably is a result of the Saints calculating which players they will do this flipping with and just trying to maximize (or is it minimize?) some players' exposure to the 3 times rule. They will get the new rookie punter used up first as he is least likely to be claimed by another team in the middle of the year. I doubt he is on the active roster this Sunday.

Did we get any clarification on why we're keeping 2 punters. Seems like a waste of a roster spot, no?
Just some CSP-speak.

“Lot of it has to do with a vision relative to our overall roster, and then some flexibility,”

Just some CSP-speak.

“Lot of it has to do with a vision relative to our overall roster, and then some flexibility,”
Great quote. A player has to be sitting there like, “did I just get cut or promoted?” when the coach says this to them.

I'll guess Bennie Fowler. He doesn't really play special teams so he is a guy that you keep just in case a WR gets hurt and you need a WR. So, I could see him being a vet willing to pop on and off the roster for a year just hoping to get a shot to prove himself if a spot opens up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom