Question Name your weakness when it comes to physical pain. Name your strength. (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Trying to turn a negative into a fun venture, let me know what your biggest weakness and strength is in the context of dealing with physical pain.

For me I am a certified ‘G’ (if that still denotes toughness) ? with any physical pain unless it is my stomach. If I am hit with a stomach bug I turn into Shaggy and Scooby all rolled into one and just am not about that life.

So, my fellow Who Dats, in what area are you a Gladiator and in which respect are you Shaggy and Scooby? ?

@SystemShock good morning brother and I already know your strength is dealing with profuse bleeding from the eyeball. Lol

As an athlete and dancer, I’ve performed/played with all sorts of injuries
Broken bones, torn ligaments, pulled hammys, et al
But if you want to successfully torture me, individually pull the hair on my legs out
I cannot stand that pain

As an athlete and dancer, I’ve performed/played with all sorts of injuries
Broken bones, torn ligaments, pulled hammys, et al
But if you want to successfully torture me, individually pull the hair on my legs out
I cannot stand that pain

That is a unique one Guido. And ya know I hadn’t thought about it, I bet dancers do stay banged up. Dancing is taxing. My ex step mom danced.
She was a big shot with MGM and got me on the gong show. I was not allowed to finish my dance. ??

Rabbit hole with me here,

My ex step mom knew Randall Cunningham, (met at UNLV) she danced and did yoga or some sort of something with him and I can’t remember exactly what it was anymore, was a long time ago....I do remember trying to emulate her moves when she would dance at home and it absolutely wore me out. I thought of Randall and Connie (step mom) there as made me remember their dancing/yoga whatever they did together....and her commenting on how limber he was. I was also a big fan of his as a QB.

I digress...... ?

can handle anything but a toothache. I've had 2 abscessed teeth and both brought me to my knees

Oh man.
Don’t blame you one bit, teeth and ears are tough ones. Imo.

My first job was in an industrial laundry. I worked with a man that died because he was afraid of dentists and refused to get his treated.

My first job was in an industrial laundry. I worked with a man that died because he was afraid of dentists and refused to get his treated.

That makes me sad.
And yes, most don’t realize that mouth health correlates to heart health. Especially with abscesses.

That makes me sad.
And yes, most don’t realize that mouth health correlates to heart health. Especially with abscesses.

The reason he died was the pocket of infection burst and spread to his brain. Bottom line, don't play around with an abscess. A friend of mine went to the hospital emergency room about a year ago . They admitted him immediately and put him on an antibiotic drip. Once again, don't ignore a tooth abscess.

physical pain has never been a problem for me, I can generally handle any amount of it. But a couple of times that I got pancreatitis were horrible close calls. The dehydration is indescribable. I would guzzle water and it would come up right away (within 30 seconds) Before I would finally call 911 I would drag a gallon of water to the bathroom and just do this over and over, just praying that some of it was absorbing before it came up. I was so dried out my lips would be cut up and bleeding from the lip of the water bottle. If you are dehydrated enough, I assure you that all other pain and hunger will just disappear. I would not wish that on anyone.

physical pain has never been a problem for me, I can generally handle any amount of it. But a couple of times that I got pancreatitis were horrible close calls. The dehydration is indescribable. I would guzzle water and it would come up right away (within 30 seconds) Before I would finally call 911 I would drag a gallon of water to the bathroom and just do this over and over, just praying that some of it was absorbing before it came up. I was so dried out my lips would be cut up and bleeding from the lip of the water bottle. If you are dehydrated enough, I assure you that all other pain and hunger will just disappear. I would not wish that on anyone.

I’m glad you got thru that Zack. That sounds like a bad one.

I'm ok with all physical pain except anything to do with my feet. I just recently was diagnosed with a random gout attack due to severe dehydration. I had worked in the yard about 4 hours one Saturday in late July, and despite drinking a gallon of water throughout the process I still got severely dehydrated. Kidneys were hurting that evening and I woke up to the worst pain one could imagine. I would have rather it in my knee, hands, wrist, elbow, just anywhere but my foot. Every step I was seconds away from crashing to the floor in agony. Never had gout before and haven't had it since. I now drink 1.5 gal of water a day minimum, and that's if I'm not doing anything physical.

Anything to do with my eyes. Having worn contacts since i was 16, I've gotten my share of dirt, sand, etc in there at times and it is un-freakin-bearable.

That said, I could probably sear the tips off my fingers and not even notice it.

Strength - dealing with kidney stones... weakness - dealing with kidney stones
just a horrible, horrible thing

I'm ok with all physical pain except anything to do with my feet. I just recently was diagnosed with a random gout attack due to severe dehydration. I had worked in the yard about 4 hours one Saturday in late July, and despite drinking a gallon of water throughout the process I still got severely dehydrated. Kidneys were hurting that evening and I woke up to the worst pain one could imagine. I would have rather it in my knee, hands, wrist, elbow, just anywhere but my foot. Every step I was seconds away from crashing to the floor in agony. Never had gout before and haven't had it since. I now drink 1.5 gal of water a day minimum, and that's if I'm not doing anything physical.

I have never had that and from your description I hope I never do. Glad it’s passed for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom