Nancy Pelosi is scared.. Spirit of Thomas Jefferson dances a jig.. (1 Viewer)

Wow, she is one dramatic actress. She pulled her lawyer trick out on that one. It was as though she was giving the closing arguments to a jury. The lowered tone of voice, the raising of the eyebrows (which for her is a feat in and of itself), the sympathetic "I'm still scarred by all this" look and the close to tears plea. And the best, the BEST, "I think we all have to take responsibility for our actions and our words." This coming from a politican. :ha:

2008_Daytime_Emmy__Nominations.jpg

No, he really thought the government should be afraid of its citizens. If they are mad enough to get violent, then you are doing something wrong.

So do you sympathize with Timothy McVeigh?

She sure didn't say any of this when the rhetoric was flying around about Bush, any more than the Repubs. defended everyones rights when they were getting skewered! She will stoop to any level to try and get people to go along with her agenda. These politicians, whether Dem. or Repub., use the same playbook depending on who is on the hot seat at the moment. They don't seem to have a genuine bone in their bodies.

Sadley, i think she has much to fear from her district in San Francisco. The best anyone can hope for is at some point she is removed from the Speaker of the House position. As far as her district is concerned...she's a Queen.

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONRySw0uoAk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

Drama Queen. :jpshakehead:

It's as though some memo went out this past week to Dem leaders asking them conjure up ominous images and channel martyrs. With Pelosi and others, and Carter's "help", it's no wonder some think this is as bad as it gets. That's the message their leaders seem to be sending.

All together now:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lfoGCYFRQlM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7UJaeLjCvH4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

:jpshakehead:

Perhaps Pelosi (and party) should heed her own advice about being careful what one says that might fall on "unbalanced" ears. This ain't helping Obama unite.

So do you sympathize with Timothy McVeigh?

Another bad analogy, as it was the incompetence of the federal government that resulted in many needless deaths. Thats in no way a excuse for McVeigh in any way shape or form, but to the best of knowlege no one was held responsible for the governments role in WACO.

She sure didn't say any of this when the rhetoric was flying around about Bush, any more than the Repubs. defended everyones rights when they were getting skewered! She will stoop to any level to try and get people to go along with her agenda. These politicians, whether Dem. or Repub., use the same playbook depending on who is on the hot seat at the moment. They don't seem to have a genuine bone in their bodies.

particularly when people were making "what if" movies of a sitting president being assasinated.

Another bad analogy, as it was the incompetence of the federal government that resulted in many needless deaths. Thats in no way a excuse for McVeigh in any way shape or form, but to the best of knowlege no one was held responsible for the governments role in WACO.

Ridiculous. But thanks for answering.

But In the same vein,gavinj, should one totally sympathize with the Weather Underground of the 60's and 70's? Sure their quoted intentions were good and most of them would deny the "terrorist" tag they were given, but one cannot also deny they did bomb office buildings(even if they warn the people inside, still doesn't excuse their actions or the people that were killed) seek out and try to kill high ranking Pentagon officials and sometimes there families. One might think that using violent acts in the cause of social justice or even borderline terrorism still is not a means to an end. I"m not down with Machiavellian logic in most instances either way.

And they weren't the ones doing it either, but I still on principle still call a spade a spade, Weather Underground, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, or David Koresh's Branch Dravidians.

But In the same vein,gavinj, should one totally sympathize with the Weather Underground of the 60's and 70's? Sure their quoted intentions were good and most of them would deny the "terrorist" tag they were given, but one cannot also deny they did bomb office buildings(even if they warn the people inside, still doesn't excuse their actions or the people that were killed) seek out and try to kill high ranking Pentagon officials and sometimes there families. One might think that using violent acts in the cause of social justice or even borderline terrorism still is not a means to an end. I"m not down with Machiavellian logic in most instances either way.

And they weren't the ones doing it either, but I still on principle still call a spade a spade, Weather Underground, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, or David Koresh's Branch Dravidians.

Ahem, Bill Ayers?

Something tells me Jefferson was talking in the abstract and wasn't condoning acts of festering vitriol born out of illogical appeals to emotion, fear-mongering and hate.

I don't know why I think that but it probably has something to do with his statements about the tyranny of the majority and wanting to avoid pure democracy in part because he feared the irrational exuberance of a country dictated solely by the whims of a fickle public.

I would have to totally disagree because Jefferson played a central role in the violent overthrow of colonial control by the English crown. He has a history of supporting violent revolution.

I would have to totally disagree because Jefferson played a central role in the violent overthrow of colonial control by the English crown. He has a history of supporting violent revolution.

And then he helped set up a form of government where the people can just vote other people into office instead of kill them.

A typical reflective argument from the left would be this. Where were these people when Bush was in office..going to IRaq, Katrina, all his spending and lowering taxes.. why now? You are the party of Rush, party of NO and are an extinct species.

Republicans ignore this and beat their drum.

Now we got ACORN. Democrats say a few bad apples don't spoil the whole bunch and ACORN is good yet all the protestors are Republican racist who are Christian. Republicans say all the protestors are not racist, only few are, yet all of ACORN is corrupt.

May the best executed plan by these two teams win.

Pelosi's statement was a little off but certainly nothing really upsetting -- frank Johnson who said that Wilson' remarks will bring out racism and the white hoods was very disturbing to me --

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom