Nancy Pelosi is scared.. Spirit of Thomas Jefferson dances a jig.. (4 Viewers)

So if i murder someone and appear in court and go "judge, judge, see its all good because i only stabbed this guy 8 times! This dude over there stabbed that guy 20 times! I get a free pass now right?" At which point the judge will set me free for such a compelling argument.

Thats not the argument of the left. Quit with the stupid generalizations. Everytime you do that you underhandedly insulting and alleging that everyone on this board who considers themselves being left of the political spectrum are guilty of your silly accusations. You can deal with each issue separately but Barkus is clearly showing he holds different standards for people republicans have a lot of support for and people democrats have a lot of support for by rationalizing away the accusations again right leaning organizations and republican supported groups and magnifying and intensifying similar accusations against organizations considered to be on the left.

per you post...blackwater recieved government money, did some bad things, and no one cared, hence your point, that since Acorn recieved government money, and did some bad things, no one should care.

thats the point you first made, then implied instead of focusing on the issue.

Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco
Right so we should be ****** that ACORN got 53 million in taxpayer money (which I am given the new developments) but Halliburton, KBR and Blackwater can piss away BILLIONS in fraud, abuse, waste and in Blackwater's case have proven charges against them of murder, theft and abuse of our own soldiers. And now the owner is even being indicted. Right, but only ACORN is a concern to you? Its completely cool that the owner of blackwater has donated millions to GOP and republican coffers, far beyond anything ACORN could hope to be capable of donating.

Yet im making a stretch. A perversion of public trust is a perversion of public trust and you are holding groups on the left to different standards than those on the right. You've made several threads and posts on ACORN but not a word or peep about any perversions coming from organizations supported or in strong association with the right.

you state implies that ACORN's miss deeds pale in comparison to other organizations. Waste, fraud and coruption of any other organizations should be handled as a seperate issue from Acorn's transgression...btw, i notice that the Justice department hasn't made a single move to investigate any of those companies instead choosing to go after CIA personnel instead. So even if a moral equivelency existed, the justice department doesn't seem to think much of it.

each organization should be dealth with on a case by case bases instead of minimizing the argments on the right because they were not outraged by misconduct of other organizations. Even if people on the right are complete hypocrits in that regard, it doesn't discount the activity of the organization in question.

Last edited:
In the context of voter registration and corruption. ACORN has been in the news with widespread allegations of corruption. Congress voted to defund ACORN this week. My attention has been on that issue. I have said if Blackwater is guilty of corruption with taxpayer money, they need to be held accountable too.

You have not said that till now and you have kept waffling. One post its your ****** there using tax payer money and doing condemnable things, in another your saying only if its voter registration and corruption, than its back to just abuse while getting tax payer money.

I'm glad you finally see the hypocrisy in your standards but its kinda unnerving your so quick to condemn the other side and so apprehensive to hold a magnifying glass to yours. i mean its natural to have a slight bias to parts of your in-group but geez.

per you post...blackwater recieved government money, did some bad things, and no one cared, hence your point, that since Acorn recieved government money, and did some bad things, no one should care.

thats the point you first made, then implied instead of focusing on the issue.

you state implies that ACORN's miss deeds pale in comparison to other organizations. Waste, fraud and coruption of any other organizations should be handled as a seperate issue from Acorn's transgression...btw, i notice that the Justice department hasn't made a single move to investigate any of those companies instead choosing to go after CIA personnel instead. So even if a moral equivelency existed, the justice department doesn't seem to think much of it.

You and Cdogg should hang out. You all do such a good job of building these straw men, why not get together and combine your skills.

Its funny you purposely left out the first part of my quote:
ACORN is a screwy organization with some serious issues, I admit that.

and this one which implies I hold the charges as condemnable:
But Filling out some phony voter registration forms that never were used to cast ballots, corruption charges based on helping people commit deceptive tax practices and having a democratic lean are all more severe cases than anything Blackwater did?

or hell just this one:

Right so we should be ****** that ACORN got 53 million in taxpayer money (which I am given the new developments)

I mean where the hell are you pulling this "Im saying no one should care what ACORN did?" Im saying and have been saying, go ahead be mad, im mad, but dont be hypocritical and magnify one side and turn a blind eye to the other.

I mean where the hell are you pulling this "Im saying no one should care what ACORN did?" Im saying and have been saying, go ahead be mad, im mad, but dont be hypocritical and magnify one side and turn a blind eye to the other.

i'm saying it doesn't matter if people are hypocrtical, the acts committed by a organization are no more or no less right or wrong based on what supporters or opponents on a poltical spectrum think.

i'm saying it doesn't matter if people are hypocrtical, the acts committed by a organization are no more or no less right or wrong based on what supporters or opponents on a poltical spectrum think.

Which is basically (minus the false equivalence crud and the interjection of people being hypocritical) exactly what i was saying to King Barkus, so why are you going after me?

No, but Jimmy Carter hasn't been mentioned in this thread. I'll pull a N.O. Bronco, "Quit putting words into my mouth, I didn't say that specific sentence, and noone can assume any context to anything I ever post, its word for word or I didn't mean a thing."

Actually, he has been mentioned in the thread. You answered a question that directly (and prominently) mentioned him.

For the record...

DavidM said:
All this attention paid here to the reactionary comments of people like Pelosi and Carter and virtually no attention given on this board to the inflammatory comments of Mark Williams from another thread.

Carter and Pelosi are out-of-line but Williams, influential in the tea party message and movement, somehow isn't?

cdogg said:
Because politicians have power and make laws perhaps?

:shrug:

cdogg said:
Carter as a former President absolutely has more clout than a guy with a webpage.

Now you're saying that all Mark Williams is is "a guy with a webpage"?

Now you're just being disingenuous.

With his resources and motivation, you're honestly saying that Jimmy Carter is influencing more people right now than Mark Williams and, by extension, Carter's words are somehow more irresponsible than those of Williams?

OK.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom