Narrative being pushed by ESPN that Teddy is $30 mil (1 Viewer)

Dolphins, Colts, Bucs can all give him 1 year 30 mil and barely put a dent in their cap
I don't think he wants to be a bridge QB for a team about to draft a rook.

Between TB getting paid and some team overpaying on Peat we should finally get compensatory picks.

I’ll believe it when I see it. For all we know the front office can overpay some Kurt Coleman type player again. Have we’ve ever received compensatory picks during the Sean Payton regime?

I guess he's worth whatever a team wants to pay him. That's top QB money, though, and that he is not.
30 mil is not top QB money, 40 mil is. That's what Mahommes will get and why Dak can't agree with Jerry because he wants 35+. A starting QB gets 25 + in the current market.

30 mil is not top QB money, 40 mil is. That's what Mahommes will get and why Dak can't agree with Jerry because he wants 35+. A starting QB gets 25 + in the current market.

Yep. 30 million is about fair market value for a borderline top 10 starter with potential to continue to improve.

If we somehow land a top 10 QB after Drew leaves, that's what we'll be paying him after his rookie deal is done.

Way she goes.

Yeah as the Saints say that they will not keep all three QB's on for 2020 like they did last year.

Between TB getting paid and some team overpaying on Peat we should finally get compensatory picks.

Don't count on it. I can see Loomis adding just enough free agents, at just the "right" (wrong) salaries so that the Saints get no compensatory picks......once again.

Yet this fan base complained when we paid Drew $20 mil per.
Did we? I don't remember complaints about Drew's pay, particularly before this year.

Did we? I don't remember complaints about Drew's pay, particularly before this year.

That was the year we franchise tagged him and he "held out" I think we signed him right before training camp. There probably was some controversy surrounding it. I remember years when people were saying he should take less like Tom Brady did. I even remember a time he seemed a little upset about being asked a question regarding his contract on WWL. He basically said "That's between me and my agent and Mickey and we'll leave it at that."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom