Narrative being pushed by ESPN that Teddy is $30 mil (1 Viewer)

I’m not trying to sell Teddy. I’m just saying that the 2019 team lead by Teddy won because of Teddy.
That is called "selling Teddy." You are trying to sell us on the notion that the team won because of Teddy since he made the rest of the team step up. Making the rest of the team have to step up for him doesn't sell Teddy. It sells the rest of the team (particularly the defense) in those wins.

Is he better than Ryan Tannehill, Nick Foles, Jacoby Brissett and Joe Flacco? If your answer is YES. Then that settles it..

Somebody will pay him. Matt Stafford never won nothing and he got paid

That is called "selling Teddy." You are trying to sell us on the notion that the team won because of Teddy since he made the rest of the team step up. Making the rest of the team have to step up for him doesn't sell Teddy. It sells the rest of the team (particularly the defense) in those wins.

I am selling that the rest of the team stepped up because of Teddy as you just stated.

I am selling that the rest of the team stepped up because of Teddy as you just stated.
But the rest of the team stepped up because they felt they had to shoulder more of the burden and to compensate for Teddy being the QB. That just seems odd to turn that into "the team won because of Teddy."

Really like Teddy and so Happy he is/ was on our team.. Yes, we were undefeated when he started, but our O amd coaching were fantastic during that stretch. He seems like a great guy and should definitely be starting somewhere next year. However, if you pay him $30M/year, I don’t see that team going very far.
Wish TB the best. Money we can spend elsewhere

A QB who had a QB rating over 100 in those 5 games with only 2 interceptions and 9 TDs is the most overrated backup ever?

What the heck?
A couple of things:

I guess we are discounting the Rams game, even though he attempted 30 passes. Fine. Still, a couple of things:

9 TDs in 5 games, I guess it is ok, right? 1.8 per... however, 4 of those 9 came against a team that, coincidentally, gave 4 TDs per game, Tampa. Big boost in the rating too, 131.

So that leaves you with 5 TDs in 4 games. Which is not as pretty.

Then you look at the Jacksonville and Dallas games, 8 quarters of football, 1 TD 1 INT.

Maybe someone decides to give Bridgewater $30 mil to be their starter QB. It's happened before that a backup wins some games and gets starter money somewhere else.

Is he better than Ryan Tannehill, Nick Foles, Jacoby Brissett and Joe Flacco? If your answer is YES. Then that settles it..

Somebody will pay him. Matt Stafford never won nothing and he got paid

How about Goff, Cousins & Jimmy G, as well. There are several quarterbacks making a ton of money & it sure does not always look like they earn it.

I think TB will get around $25 million. I'm not seeing a team shelling out $30 million for a QB who only played 5 games last season. If a team offers $30 million plus, you run and sign that contract and don't look back.

I think the world of Teddy and really wish we could keep him. It hangs on whether Brees retires or not. If Brees retires, I think the Saints will try to sign Teddy. I think there's room for both him and Hill on the roster.

All that said. A lot can happen between the draft and free agency. Curious to see how it pans out.

The team surely rallied around him. It's about the market not the player. Do you think that Jimmy G is that much better than Teddy? Teddy has a better resume than Jimmy G and this is what he got (via wiki):
"signed a $137.5 million deal with the 49ers, at the time the largest contract in NFL history on an annual basis".

Oh yea I know. I thought that was an absurd contract then and I still do. He’s a game manager just like Teddy. Game managers shouldn’t get top 10 QB money.

Thanks to multiverse theory, there's a universe where the Saints tender Taysom Hill at a 1st rounder and the Patriots pick him up. Giving us a 1st.

And then we franchise Teddy and someone signs him and we get another first.

And then we use those picks to get a franchise QB in this draft.

I most definitely think we won because of him. Everyone raised their sense of urgency because of him. As soon as Brees got back we reverted back to what we have been. The Saints were a different team because of Teddy.

The saints were a different team because everyone stepped up, including Payton. That’s not winning because of Teddy. It’s the complete opposite in fact.

For the games we lost, did we lose because of Brees? The defense relaxed, and play calling was off.

Oh yea I know. I thought that was an absurd contract then and I still do. He’s a game manager just like Teddy. Game managers shouldn’t get top 10 QB money.

They took a risk on him and it didn't pay off. The difference in the superbowl is they have a game manager, KC has a game changer. Exactly why I want our next QB to be a game changer.

30 mil is not top QB money, 40 mil is. That's what Mahommes will get and why Dak can't agree with Jerry because he wants 35+. A starting QB gets 25 + in the current market.

30 mil would put him tied for top 6 salary wise. He may be worth it to a QB needy team, but in terms of QB play and worth, I think it’s high.

Thanks to multiverse theory, there's a universe where the Saints tender Taysom Hill at a 1st rounder and the Patriots pick him up. Giving us a 1st.

And then we franchise Teddy and someone signs him and we get another first.

And then we use those picks to get a franchise QB in this draft.

And who might that franchise QB be? :scratch:

:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom