Narrative being pushed by ESPN that Teddy is $30 mil (3 Viewers)

People don’t understand the nature of the league, it’s not your mom and dad NFL teams will spend and waste money .
Teddy value should be 10-20 million Teddy will probably get 25-28 million because of demand and teams are desperately in need of a QB . Teddys a proven one with success who can make all the throws he’ll get more than his fair share

I agree, especially with a Rivers and a Brady (highly likely) out there. Those two will set the market price for aged FA QB’s. And these two may also actually have an impact on any new salary amount Drew would get. I do not doubt for ONE second, Drew’s agent, is advising Drew well on this. We’ll se e soon enough. And I think if the market dictates such a perceived low price to Drew and his agent, it may be the catalyst that drives him into retiring.

A new deal for Drew will need to be done before free agency starts. Brady and Rivers can't even start negotiations until 2-3 days before and can't sign until the league year officially starts. If Drew and the Saints wait until then in order to see what Brady and Rivers gets then Drews cap hit for 2021 will accelerate to this year. Thats $5.4 mil added to the $15.9 the team already is charged this year.

Thanks to multiverse theory, there's a universe where the Saints tender Taysom Hill at a 1st rounder and the Patriots pick him up. Giving us a 1st.

And then we franchise Teddy and someone signs him and we get another first.

And then we use those picks to get a franchise QB in this draft.

Impossible. Franchise tags must be applied before 4:00pm EST on March 10th. Restricted tags are applied until the 18th and the player has until April 17th to collect off sheets and turn one into the originating team.

Great explanation from Florio here.

The report isn’t likely coming from Bridgewater’s agent, but from rival agents of other QBs who are trying to scare teams away from Bridgewater and steer them towards their own clients.

Kirk Cousins is making 28m a year, fully guaranteed.
I could definitely see Teddy getting a contract somewhere around that number but not guaranteed.

Great explanation from Florio here.

The report isn’t likely coming from Bridgewater’s agent, but from rival agents of other QBs who are trying to scare teams away from Bridgewater and steer them towards their own clients.

Good catch, and not really surprising that this is going on.

Contract speculation and numbers is about as exciting to me as mock drafts. Nothing more than wild speculation and hyperbole made to seem like fact. I get why people fall for it - the NFL is an addicting passion but for me the less I focused on contracts and mocks - the better (for me).

Contract speculation and numbers is about as exciting to me as mock drafts. Nothing more than wild speculation and hyperbole made to seem like fact. I get why people fall for it - the NFL is an addicting passion but for me the less I focused on contracts and mocks - the better (for me).

I guess that's sort of true. Think back to last season when many here thought Ingram would be able to sign for $10 million per season and he actually got a little more than half that. Huge swing and miss. But his agent had a lot to do with that.

All that said, the discussions and predictions in the offseason are a fun way to pass the time. To each his own. :9:

More power to him if he can get that. However, the media significantly over estimated his market last year.

I can do single player if I really like the player (all in on Burrow speculation, didn't participate in the Suh thread), but never been a fan of the mock draft stuff at all.

Free agency is a game of musical chairs. Either you take the first offer or you sit and wait. Your results can be much better or worst.

This is a strange year regarding quarterbacks. There are positions available but also many candidates.

I don't think Teddy will get 30 million a year, but it only takes on team to be really sold on him to get that money.

Free agency is a game of musical chairs. Either you take the first offer or you sit and wait. Your results can be much better or worst.

This is a strange year regarding quarterbacks. There are positions available but also many candidates.

I don't think Teddy will get 30 million a year, but it only takes on team to be really sold on him to get that money.

bingo and the Dolphins have all the pieces along with wanting him last year I think they double the offer and hand him the keys to the offense their hometown hero

bingo and the Dolphins have all the pieces along with wanting him last year I think they double the offer and hand him the keys to the offense their hometown hero
He is in a difficult spot because he doesn't want to sign with a team and they draft someone high to replace him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom