National Hockey League ‘22-‘23 (1 Viewer)

Is anyone on this thread a Bruins fan?
They beat "my" NY Rangers recently...

The Bruins are beating everyone!
As I post this on Sat. morning, their record is 36 Wins 5 Losses and 4 OTLs

I’m not a Bruins fan, but am happy to see Jim Montgomery doing well. It’s no doubt the guy is a great manager. He obviously proved at the collegiate level, and then had the Stars playing well before he was abruptly fired. For those who don’t know, he battled alcohol abuse and addiction and was warned twice by the Stars GM. But ultimately Jim Nill had to fire Monty due to his addiction affecting the team. To Monty’s credit, he understood the firing and checked himself into therapy in Dallas to get right. He was able to get back into the NHL as an assistant and then Boston hired him and gave him another chance. I’m pulling for him to stay clean.

I’m not a Bruins fan, but am happy to see Jim Montgomery doing well. It’s no doubt the guy is a great manager. He obviously proved at the collegiate level, and then had the Stars playing well before he was abruptly fired. For those who don’t know, he battled alcohol abuse and addiction and was warned twice by the Stars GM. But ultimately Jim Nill had to fire Monty due to his addiction affecting the team. To Monty’s credit, he understood the firing and checked himself into therapy in Dallas to get right. He was able to get back into the NHL as an assistant and then Boston hired him and gave him another chance. I’m pulling for him to stay clean.
Well I really appreciate you sharing that back story. Now I also join you in being glad his team and he himself are succeeding.

As good a time as any for me to jump on my annual Capitals bandwagon. My son goes to college in DC, so we'll catch a game a little later in the season.

A buddy of mine lives in Alexandria, VA. His son went to school the the son of one of the Caps players. Maybe Niklas Backstrom? Anyway, when Tom saw him in the line to pick up his son he was just like any other dad, never acted like he should get special treatment. Hockey players seem more down-to-earth than some other diva types.

They still tell stories of the Caps post-Stanley Cup celebration at Nationals Park, which ended with the Caps jumping in the fountains in front of the stadium after getting wasted on, I **** you not, Natural Light.

So yeah, I'm a Caps fan :ezbill:

We should be happy about that I suppose.
I don't see any Stanley Cup happening for them this year though.
Agreed?
I highly doubt they get out of the East or win the cup. Boston looks like an early front runner but then again I haven’t watched much hockey this season. This is the time of year where I start

The East is a beast this season. Playoff and Wildcard races will certainly come down to the wire.

Curious to see how injuries and trades affect the latter part of the regular season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom