National Hockey League ‘22-‘23 (1 Viewer)

I turned on the NJ Devils at the Dallas Stars game ( I live in NJ) and I was surprised to see the way the Stars look. Fluorescent. Maybe glow in the dark?😎😆

20230127_215457.jpg

The blackout jersey's have been a thing for 3 years now. At first, it seemed most people hated them. But now you see people walking around in those jersey's, and see a lot of them in the arena, not including the one's on the ice. I'm not a jersey guy, I don't own a jersey from any team, and I don't really care what they look like. That said, I think these are pretty good.

But speaking of the Stars, they hit the All-Star break as #1 in the Western Conference, 3 points over Winnipeg. But man, do they ever suck in overtime and shootouts. The past 3 games have been 3-2 overtime losses. Yeah, they got a point in each game, but the extra time stuff sucks. They seem to lack creativity at 3-on-3, almost like they're just out there making it up as they go along. Good thing for them, overtime in the playoffs is still 5-on-5.

Islanders beat the Flyers tonight.
When is the last time the Flyers were any good?
I'm old enough to remember Bobby Clarke, Rick MacLeish, Bernie Parent and coach Freddie (the fog) Shero.
Now the Flyers have no identity and not enough wins.

Last edited:
Stars captain Jamie Benn played his 1000th game last night, all with the Stars. And the team actually won an OT game 3-2, breaking a pre-All Star break tradition of losing OT games 3-2.

Pens beat Colorado 2-1 in OT. Pleasantly surprised. Have a few more (hopefully) win chances on the upcoming West Coast swing before heading back to the NE

Malkin is also chasing the 1200 points milestone. Think he needs 4 or 5 to get there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom