National Hockey League ‘22-‘23 (1 Viewer)

Yep I love the Original Six games. They're like NFL Divisional games where anything can happen even if one team is favoured by 20 points.

I quit the Leafs in 1994. I went to see games in Buffalo, Jersey and Detroit to see which team and arena I liked the best and have been a Wings fan ever since.

Ah, the Wings in the 90's. How convenient :hihi:

Growing up in Louisiana/Houston I never had a hockey team... really know very little about the sport.

My attempts at ice skating have been .... humorous.

In my few times watching a little seemed familiar from playing lacrosse... but not a ton.

Anyway, I figured I first moved to Seattle over a decade ago and cheer for no Seattle teams, so I am going to try out hockey and adopt the Kraken.

I may frequent this thread when I am massivley confused.

download.png

Growing up in Louisiana/Houston I never had a hockey team... really know very little about the sport.

In my few times watching a little seemed familiar from playing lacrosse... but not a ton.

Anyway, I figured I first moved to Seattle over a decade ago and cheer for no Seattle teams, so I am going to try out hockey and adopt the Kraken.

download.png

I was like you, having grown up on the Westbank and never having other professional sports rooting interests except the Saints. We moved to DFW in 95 and I became a fan of the Rangers, Mavs and Stars. Eff the cowboys.

Hockey is a cool sport and replaced football as my favorite to watch. I'd rather watch a random hockey game than a random NFL game. Case in point, last night I watched NY Rangers/Islanders, and then some of the Kings/Golden Knights instead of MNF.

Speaking of massively confused, if you ever figure out or learn what exactly constitutes a player getting ejected from the face-off circle, let me know. I still can't figure that one out.

download.png

If possible, go see them play live, and if possible, get seats next to the glass. Maybe it's me, but the intensity of watching hockey in person isn't matched by any other sport. Once you bang the glass...

The NHL has a series of videos (with, of all people, Snoop Dogg) that will guide you in your journey.

I agree with SystemShock. Go see a game in person. You'll see how big some of those guys are, and just how fast the skating is. And you combine that with the skill, it's seriously impressive. And if you think Jamie Oleksiak looks big on TV, wait until you see him in-person. I saw him when he was with the Stars and there's a reason he's called the "big rig".

I was like you, having grown up on the Westbank and never having other professional sports rooting interests except the Saints. We moved to DFW in 95 and I became a fan of the Rangers, Mavs and Stars. Eff the cowboys.

Hockey is a cool sport and replaced football as my favorite to watch. I'd rather watch a random hockey game than a random NFL game. Case in point, last night I watched NY Rangers/Islanders, and then some of the Kings/Golden Knights instead of MNF.

Speaking of massively confused, if you ever figure out or learn what exactly constitutes a player getting ejected from the face-off circle, let me know. I still can't figure that one out.

Getting ejected from the face-off circle = LWGC (Linesman with God complex).

Getting ejected from the face-off circle = LWGC (Linesman with God complex).
It's so random that sometimes I think the reason is because the player stinks and the linesman doesn't want to be near that stench for those 5-10 seconds of dropping the puck.

In Pre-Season action tonight....
7PM
Montreal Canadians at the Toronto Maple Leafs
I'd like to see a regular season game when they play.
Probably some extra electricity in the air when those two face off ? :unsure:

Watching Caps and Flyers tonight,... watching the Caps' new goalies, especially Adam Driver.

1664403252220.png

1664403320248.png

The player in the offensive zone has to put his stick down first in a faceoff. If he's being a weenie the linesman will tell him where to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom