National Hockey League ‘22-‘23 (1 Viewer)

The Stars were terrible in overtime and shootouts in the regular season. I hoped it would change in the postseason going to 5-on-5. But nope. 0-4 in OT in playoffs.

Agreed with Grumpy on the not very clean play. I did read the ice in Vegas isn’t very good. Maybe a factor.
Agree on the ice conditions. Saw a lot of easy passes missed by the intended recipient. Could be the pressure of the moment, but the puck seemed to be bouncing a lot. Could be the pucks weren’t properly frozen/handled, but I can see the ice being the issue.

It was a sheet show. All I can say.

I think Benn is likely to get 2 games. We can look at suspensions in the playoffs as precedent. Pietrangelo got 1 game for his goonish slash on Draisaitl, and Maple Leaf's Bunting got 3 games for elbow to the head of Tampa's Cernak. I think Benn will fall in the middle, mostly because it was a hit to the head, but Mark Stone wasn't seriously injured and never had to leave the game, unlike Cernak.

Benn's hearing is today. Here's part of what he said after, "Obviously I didn't want to take a five-minute penalty but the game happens fast, emotions are high and obviously would've liked to not fall on him and I guess use my stick as a landing point."

What bullshirt. Tape don't lie Jamie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom