National Hockey League ‘22-‘23 (2 Viewers)

Nah, not even close. Benn has a one-off moment of frustration, in an otherwise long career of not doing anything dirty. Hardly makes him "a piece of trash".
Benn nearly took Larkin's head off two years ago in a meaningless game late in the season. He has had at least 4-5 occasions where his temper has gotten the better of him and he's gotten lucky with punishment merely by the stupidest reasons ever. His victims weren't seriously hurt. Point and fire a weapon at someone it's either murder or attempted murder, the difference is whether the victim survived and/or was only nicked.

One-off? Nah.

Is this the play you’re referring to? This is nearly taking someone’s head off? In hockey?

But yeah I did forget about that play because it’s nothing worth remembering. It’s hockey. If that’s what y’all consider the standard for calling players “pieces of trash“, then the NHL is a massive landfill of trash.

Hey I was responding to you saying - Benn having a long career of not doing anything dirty. Cross checking a guy on the back of the neck is not a good look and there have been many more. The guy is a head hunter.

I mean, you see that type of play in hockey, and it's unfortunate. If you want to believe he's a headhunter, then I won't try and change your mind. I know I've watched the guy a lot since he arrived in the NHL and I've seen nothing to suggest it. Has he crossed the line sometimes? Sure. Lots of hockey players have/do. I just take exception to him being called "a piece of trash", and it wasn't you who said it, and you haven't suggested you agree, so no worries.

He got the 2 game suspension which I posted yesterday seemed most likely. I doubt it'll matter because the Stars are done. Right now I see a team where it's youthful postseason inexperience is showing up most brightly.

Looking ahead, I'm kinda torn on who I favor in the Stanley Cup series. On one hand, Florida is a great story of a team that squeaked into the playoffs and proved they belonged by knocking off #1 seed Boston. And they have an emerging star in Tchachuk. On the other hand, you have a coach who was fired from his team simply because he didn't advance them far enough in the postseason, that team won the President's Trophy regular season award with the new coach, but got bounced out in the 1st round, meanwhile he's taking his new team to the Stanley Cup. I'm sure Bruce Cassidy would love to wag his finger with a ring on it in Boston's face, while sending the GM a selfie of himself with the Cup.

I mean, you see that type of play in hockey, and it's unfortunate. If you want to believe he's a headhunter, then I won't try and change your mind. I know I've watched the guy a lot since he arrived in the NHL and I've seen nothing to suggest it. Has he crossed the line sometimes? Sure. Lots of hockey players have/do. I just take exception to him being called "a piece of trash", and it wasn't you who said it, and you haven't suggested you agree, so no worries.

He got the 2 game suspension which I posted yesterday seemed most likely. I doubt it'll matter because the Stars are done. Right now I see a team where it's youthful postseason inexperience is showing up most brightly.

Looking ahead, I'm kinda torn on who I favor in the Stanley Cup series. On one hand, Florida is a great story of a team that squeaked into the playoffs and proved they belonged by knocking off #1 seed Boston. And they have an emerging star in Tchachuk. On the other hand, you have a coach who was fired from his team simply because he didn't advance them far enough in the postseason, that team won the President's Trophy regular season award with the new coach, but got bounced out in the 1st round, meanwhile he's taking his new team to the Stanley Cup. I'm sure Bruce Cassidy would love to wag his finger with a ring on it in Boston's face, while sending the GM a selfie of himself with the Cup.
It's all good.

No clues whatsoever on picking a winner, as both teams are full value. I guess the edge might go to FLA because of Bob in net and the Cats seemingly looking stronger every game they play. The only safe pick would have the series go 6 or 7 games. Eichel and Tkachuk were great yet risky trades for both teams that have worked out rather well.... lol

Your last sentence made me smile :LOL:

It's all good.

No clues whatsoever on picking a winner, as both teams are full value. I guess the edge might go to FLA because of Bob in net and the Cats seemingly looking stronger every game they play. The only safe pick would have the series go 6 or 7 games. Eichel and Tkachuk were great yet risky trades for both teams that have worked out rather well.... lol
I don’t view the Eichel trade as risky. He wanted out of Buffalo as their medical staff and his physicians disagreed on the treatment he should undergo for his spine.
Buffalo wanted him to have the procedure with the more rapid recovery time (but would need follow-up surgeries for years to come). Eichel wanted to undergo a procedure with a longer initial recovery time, but less risk for prolonged follow-up surgery.
Buffalo had to get something for him.
I am happy he fought Buffalo’s demands for the sake of his long-term health and quality of life.

If the finals end up being FLA vs VGK, I’m going to have a really hard hard time watching.

Tkachuk is playing spectacular and Bob is apparently everyone’s Uncle, but I just may have to spend my evenings at the driving range or changing the air in tires of my truck.

My finals pick will be astonishing. How do I profit off of clickbait links like Yahoo does?

I don’t view the Eichel trade as risky. He wanted out of Buffalo as their medical staff and his physicians disagreed on the treatment he should undergo for his spine.
Buffalo wanted him to have the procedure with the more rapid recovery time (but would need follow-up surgeries for years to come). Eichel wanted to undergo a procedure with a longer initial recovery time, but less risk for prolonged follow-up surgery.
Buffalo had to get something for him.
I am happy he fought Buffalo’s demands for the sake of his long-term health and quality of life.

If the finals end up being FLA vs VGK, I’m going to have a really hard hard time watching.

Tkachuk is playing spectacular and Bob is apparently everyone’s Uncle, but I just may have to spend my evenings at the driving range or changing the air in tires of my truck.

My finals pick will be astonishing. How do I profit off of clickbait links like Yahoo does?
I think any time there's medical issues with neck and spine, it's a risk.

I'm going to watch because my baseball team is sucking right now and both these teams have been playing great. Plus I don't want to watch Chicago Fire or whatever with the chick.

I'll plan to watch, but I could be easily convinced to watch something else. I have about 5 episodes of 60 Minutes recorded, 10 of NOVA, whatever number of the Tupac documentary and if HBO starts reruns of Last of Us, I'm in.

As the 3rd period winds down in a 2-2 tie there is a feeling like....when will Vegas send Dallas packing? Not IF they will win tonight.. only WHEN?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom