National Treasure (1 Viewer)

cpg

Catacomb the desert
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's a term that is handed out pretty loosely these days, largely posthumously. I'm A-ok with that. I think it's simply a human way of buttressing our grief against the realization of flaw. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, admittedly. I watched a Christopher Lloyd movie today and exclaimed proudly that he was a national Treasure. He actually is, though (come at me).

But I was curious to see who some of you thought was/is truly deserving of the moniker, sans Doc Brown.

My buddy declared Billy Joel a national treasure. As he was recovering from his stab wounds in the hospital, I explained to him that Billy Joel is a hack that has survived for years off of eating farts, drunkenly driving into people's living room's and writing crummy songs. This is a bad example of a national Treasure.

67031947.jpg

Real answer = Michelle Obama

Answer that this thread prefers = William Shatner

It seems like you were looking for someone to engage you or contest your initial point. I'll bite. I don't actually disagree that she is, but it does lack context. She seems to be a very successful and influential woman, but I have a pretty devil may care attitude towards politics. What in your estimation qualifies her as a national treasure?

Michael J. Fox. Oh, wait, crap. Wrong country.

Jim Carrey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I think Yogi Berra and Arnold Palmer were arguably American treasures - both passed in the last year and a half.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom