Question Navy scientist close to energy solution? (1 Viewer)

Doesn't explain exactly how you get the proper temperature and pressure necessary for the reaction, just the magnetic field to contain it. Could be useful at some point.

I'm glad people are working on this stuff but I always find myself riding the fence between how awesome it is and i hope they don't set the atmosphere on fire and burn us all to death haha.

I'm glad people are working on this stuff but I always find myself riding the fence between how awesome it is and i hope they don't set the atmosphere on fire and burn us all to death haha.
Odds are going up this happens...

You can definitely patent without a working machine. The patent cannot be overly broad, be based on prior art, or obvious to anyone skilled in the art. And if you release documents to the public, you have one year to file before it becomes public domain.

Yes, you absolutely can file and be granted a patent for something that does not work.... "novelty" is the requirement, not "must work"...

I would think not

The patent law specifies that the subject matter must be “useful.” The term “useful” in this connection refers to the condition that the subject matter has a useful purpose and also includes operativeness, that is, a machine which will not operate to perform the intended purpose would not be called useful, and therefore would not be granted a patent.

Practically speaking, all that’s required is to give the appearance of working or being useful. There is no requirement of proof that it actually lives up to the claims. ... just like beauty, “useful” is in the eyes of the beholder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom