Nay to the naysayers! (1 Viewer)

Lafexpress

Veteran
Reaction score
Since when does pre season mean anything. Teams are trying all sorts of combinations for the season, the saints are no exception.....pay and allen k now who will be on this team for the regular season.....these four games are set up to review fa's and rookies, as to whether they can handle the elite players on other teams....yes it is discouraging to see this perceived lack of effort on both sides of the ball, however, the saints are not showing anything but plain vanilla.......pittsburgh's coach is on the hot seat, must fill the stadium, and display his team at its best.....has a playoff calibre team, we will see if they can sustain the perceived high level of play throughout the season.....saints are re-building, and yes the guards leave a lot to desire to date.....but wait till we are four games into the season before you start despairing.

I look for the saints to be a sub .500 team, however, these rookies in the defensive backfield are showing me a lot of ability at this level...being well coached for a change.
My major concerns are the wide receivers and tight ends.... I do not see much separation quickly...review the pittsburgh game, tight ends and wide outs were initially taking it to the saints on short crossing routes and over the middle, then they went deep, attacking the corners lack of experience....it will come......

I am all for being positive but lets be honest the reality is that the 0-line play has been brutal so far and we have little to no options as to how to fix it.

This isn't just the opinion of some fans but it seems like the norm when anyone talks about the saints play so far. The " it's only preseason " excuse may work for the final score and w/l results but it in NO WAY excuses the play we have seen so far from that offensive line group.

The simple reality of it is that if Sean doesn't have some magic left to get some kind of combination that is more effective than what we have seen or some kind of move isn't made we are in trouble. Drew may very well be a walking wounded if those guys don't really pick it up and without a healthy Brees in a workable pocket this offense is dead.

Can we fix it before regular season starts? Guess that will be the big question and all we can do is hope so.

Mike tomlin on the hot seat????? Where do you get this information? The steelers would never let him go. They won a playoff game last year in a season where ben didnt play some games.

Plus, i find it so hypocritical of this board when they say the pre-season doesnt mean anything (i personally think it means a little something). But when the falcons or bucs have a bad pre-season outing, this board is quick to call them out. I thought the pre-season didnt mean anything?

Ok, the past three weeks have been a kick in the gut to those of us (me included) who had higher hopes that we'd come out strong this season and make some noise. This board seems to be somewhat divided among the complete pessimists and the complete optimists. It might just end up being a very polarizing season and my instincts after watching the last three outings is that we have improved in some areas but are still woefully thin on talent in the offensive and defensive lines.

Preseason is what it is. We can't just say that preseason isn't a gauge of our team. We have played poorly. We have fumbled and thrown picks. We have committed foolish penalties. Our running backs are smothered and our HOF QB is running for his life and ol barely has time to dump it off to a running back.

But it's just preseason, right?

Well, it's preseason also for the three teams that manhandled us, often with reserve players.

We showed some flashes in the Patriots and Texans game -- two teams we held joint practices with prior to the games.

Against the Steelers, we lined up fresh against them and got dominated. No game planning by us but also none by them. It was truly a match of skill on skill and we got dominated for the most part.

I don't think the preseason tells the story of our season. But I don't think we can ignore the clear deficiencies on this team. Last year, we hoped our poor preseason wasn't an indicator of a poor team and we were wrong, so I understand the angst on the board. My hope is that we grow and build much like we did in 2006 after an incredibly sub-par preseason.

There's no guarantee but I do still like a lot of the young talent we have in places. I'm going to focus on their growth and less on the expectations of wins and losses and see if that makes me less miserable watching the games.

"Since when does pre season mean anything."
If anyone thinks there will be a huge turn around between week 4 and the first regular season game, ................... well ,...dream on

Preseason has meaning. Check wiki for 2009 Saints preseason.

Meaning , yeah but not that much , In 09 we did win 3 out of 4 but with what may have been THE most talented team in Saints history we went 2 and 2 being blown out in both L's

Meaning , yeah but not that much , In 09 we did win 3 out of 4 but with what may have been THE most talented team in Saints history we went 2 and 2 being blown out in both L's

True dat. No argument.

Only arguing with "preseason has no value at all" comment. It has value.

Indicator for overall strength of first team unit.
Bigtime importance to rookies trying to make team.

Mike Tomlin on the hot seat? Somebody doesn't watch football.

Dude struggled through injuries and still got his team to 10-6. Has an eye for talent, along with the FO, and is an awesome defensive coach in his own right. He is the perfect head coach for Pitt, and they love him, all say the he brings the best out of his players. Ranked 9 of 32, and that's down for him. He has his team rock hardened, ready to thump and will be a team that somebody has to see in the off-season this year...if not the SB.

NFL's Best Coaches 2016 - Goal Line Stand - Rotoworld.com

True dat. No argument.

Only arguing with "preseason has no value at all" comment. It has value.

Indicator for overall strength of first team unit.
Bigtime importance to rookies trying to make team.

And 1-3 in 2006 when an overhauled Saints team went on to play in its first NFC championship game.

The Saints lost 27-14 to the Colts in the much-emphasized third preseason game of that year.

Since when does pre season mean anything. Teams are trying all sorts of combinations for the season, the saints are no exception.....pay and allen k now who will be on this team for the regular season.....these four games are set up to review fa's and rookies, as to whether they can handle the elite players on other teams....yes it is discouraging to see this perceived lack of effort on both sides of the ball, however, the saints are not showing anything but plain vanilla.......pittsburgh's coach is on the hot seat, must fill the stadium, and display his team at its best.....has a playoff calibre team, we will see if they can sustain the perceived high level of play throughout the season.....saints are re-building, and yes the guards leave a lot to desire to date.....but wait till we are four games into the season before you start despairing.

I look for the saints to be a sub .500 team, however, these rookies in the defensive backfield are showing me a lot of ability at this level...being well coached for a change.
My major concerns are the wide receivers and tight ends.... I do not see much separation quickly...review the pittsburgh game, tight ends and wide outs were initially taking it to the saints on short crossing routes and over the middle, then they went deep, attacking the corners lack of experience....it will come......

I don't understand what point you're trying to make. You are obviously playing both sides of the fence. You say NAY to the naysayers, but then you predict a losing season ... which is exactly what the naysayers are saying. So, you're actually agreeing with their analysis of the team and prediction for the near future. You just see to be happy with that and fired up about a losing season????

And 1-3 in 2006 when an overhauled Saints team went on to play in its first NFC championship game.

The Saints lost 27-14 to the Colts in the much-emphasized third preseason game of that year.

The problem is the end score and result of the game doesn't tell the story. Sure we may have lost those games but the first teams may have played well and shown that we had the talent level to be a solid team.

This season again it's not the loss or ending score of each game its what we have seen from our first team o-line that is the problem. I am not saying we are dead now and this can't be fixed , but the reality is it won't be easy and may take some kind of player move to do it.

Four games into the season? We DO NOT bounce back from poor starts, never have. We won't go 1-3 and suddenly turn it on.

The sky is not falling!

Mike Tomlin is a fine coach no disagreement, however, How many Super Bowls has he won lately? How many Super Bowls has he participated in, please tell me......Its all about getting to the Super Bowl...nothing else matters.

I see the play on the field and I take notice of how many players are shuffled in and out, this is evaluation time, plain and simple.
Did not expect anyone to agree with me, its my opinion...........

Mike tomlin on the hot seat????? Where do you get this information? The steelers would never let him go. They won a playoff game last year in a season where ben didnt play some games.

Plus, i find it so hypocritical of this board when they say the pre-season doesnt mean anything (i personally think it means a little something). But when the falcons or bucs have a bad pre-season outing, this board is quick to call them out. I thought the pre-season didnt mean anything?

Tomlin is definitely not on the hot seat but they didn't win a playoff game. The nfl and refs gave it to them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom