NBA ’90s Remakes: Is Zion Williamson a Modern Charles Barkley? (1 Viewer)

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score

So Zion as Charles Barkley and Jaxon Hayes as Marcus Camby. I can live with that.

Some people have equated Zion with Barkley, and that’s what I would have said. But most experts I hear say no. Zion is more explosive than Barkley, and more agile. Most people seem to compare him to Blake Griffin, which is pretty good too.

Some people have equated Zion with Barkley, and that’s what I would have said. But most experts I hear say no. Zion is more explosive than Barkley, and more agile. Most people seem to compare him to Blake Griffin, which is pretty good too.

To be honest I see a lot of pre-back injury Larry Johnson. Which I will also take.

He kinda reminds me of The Mailman, Karl Malone although I'm sure Zion is quicker.

Good article. The portion where they compare Jaxson Hayes to Marcus Camby is interesting as well. In part:
The comparison of Camby to Hayes is important for a few reasons. Even the best center prospects (Camby was drafted ahead of Ray Allen and Kobe Bryant) can take time to blossom, especially when they aren’t allowed to play to their strengths. Hayes could develop into a nightmarish rim-runner and pick-and-roll finisher in open space, but whether that space can be properly provided or whether he’ll find enough playing time on a team with Derrick Favors, Brandon Ingram, and Williamson remains to be seen.

Charles Barkley is a top 25 player both sides of the ball with a diet of krispy kremes and root beer. I would like to see zion be the first zion with amazing and unique skills that people will compare future kids to. I want it said there will never be another zion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom