NBA 2020 Season and Playoffs (7 Viewers)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This "medical team" mess is going to have Zion pulling an AD plan in a few years.

yeah, you’re right .. i mean, we’ve had Zion for so many years now and, every year, we just keep pulling him and limiting his minutes and- oh wait, nevermind.. Zion has barely been a Pelican for A FULL CALENDAR YEAR yet.

In real life, most people who know me well will tell you that I’m not someone who is known for my patience.. but compared to the urgency some Pels fans have to force Zion into action , medical advice be damned- this has me feeling like I’m the most patient guy in the world.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, you’re right .. i mean, we’ve had Zion for so many years now and, every year, we just keep pulling him and limiting his minutes and- oh wait, nevermind.. Zion has barely been a Pelican for A FULL CALENDAR YEAR yet.

In real life, most people who know me well will tell you that I’m not someone who is known for my patience.. but compared to the urgency some Pels fans have to force Zion into action , medical advice be damned- this has me feeling like I’m the most patient guy in the world.
It's not about forcing him into action though. It's about getting him meaninful minutes at key points in the game. And he's physically healthy, with his only issue probably being his conditioning. Play him 10-15 minutes the first 3 quarters, then have him come in the last few minutes to start getting him used to crunch time situations. I don't think that's a big ask.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I get what you are saying, but up to this point, there is NOTHING that Gentry and staff have shown since here, that 2021-22 will be ANY different.

God forbid he picks up an injury in camp.

If he ends up injured again next year, i think some serious thought has to be given to his durability. Then what?

so why not find out NOW if he can withstand the rigors of 25-28 min a game? he is 20 years old and wants to play basketball for cryin out loud.

i just dont get this " thinking of the future" - the future is now. You have 9 games left. He didnt lose his conditioning on a 2 week leave. If he did, his conditioning wasnt all that great to begin with then.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but up to this point, there is NOTHING that Gentry and staff have shown since here, that 2021-22 will be ANY different.

If he ends up injured again next year, i think some serious thought has to be given to his durability. Then what?

so why not find out NOW if he can withstand the rigors of 25-28 min a game? he is 20 years old and wants to play basketball for cryin out loud.

i just dont get this " thinking of the future" - the future is now. You have 9 games left. He didnt lose his conditioning on a 2 week leave. If he did, his conditioning wasnt all that great to begin with then.

Did you happen to catch the Jordan doc Last Dance? I’m guessing you did since literally every person on the planet saw it... In i think ep 1 or 2, Jordan had an injury very early in his Bulls career, granted more serious than Zion’s, but the point I’m trying to make is that it was a constant source of tension between Jordan and coaches/mgmt.. i think he actually refused to leave the court at one point over their objections.. he missed what I’m sure seemed to Bulls fans at the time an ungodly amount of playing time, out of an abundance of caution.. but he went on to have an ok career.. Perspective is a funny thing.

Reaction score

He looked fit to me.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did you happen to catch the Jordan doc Last Dance? I’m guessing you did since literally every person on the planet saw it... In i think ep 1 or 2, Jordan had an injury very early in his Bulls career, granted more serious than Zion’s, but the point I’m trying to make is that it was a constant source of tension between Jordan and coaches/mgmt.. i think he actually refused to leave the court at one point over their objections.. he missed what I’m sure seemed to Bulls fans at the time an ungodly amount of playing time, out of an abundance of caution.. but he went on to have an ok career.. Perspective is a funny thing.
Jordan had a broken bone-( Nov ) missed 64 games in the 85 season. ( his 2nd season )

Returned that season ( April ) for final 7 games and averaged 25 min a game ( and being on a minutes restriction ) . Made the playoffs. Scored 63 in double ot vs Celtics.

He was 22.

Point being, if he is ANYTHING like Jordan ( generational talent/player ) then we should be seeing 20-25 min out of him.

Or the only plausible answer at this point with Zion and his 15 minutes, is that his injury was/is far worse than we were led to believe, he isnt fully fit and could derail his career. Thats it. Thats the only answer.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Or the only plausible answer at this point with Zion and his 15 minutes, is that his injury was/is far worse than we were led to believe, he isnt fully fit and could derail his career. Thats it. Thats the only answer.

Why do you keep taking a one game sample size, and extrapolating it as if theyve been playing bubble games for weeks or months? And no, it’s not the same as when he was coming off an injury before the shutdown, and they were limiting him then.. This time, it’s becuase he was out of the bubble and inactive for two weeks while his teammates were actively practicing, it’s apples and airplanes.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This would have been the perfect time to get rid of the dap in between foul shots
Outside of blown NFCCG PI calls, that’s probably the worst thing in sports

Brees4prez

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
15 min a game will help that rating.

/sarcasmoff.
Yeah i’m no medical expert but 15 mins a game seems too low for me. Players in their early 30’s can play up to 34 mins a game in most cases and someone like Zion in peak shape could play 40. If Zion would have been playing maybe 20-25 mins, we would have been able to keep our foot on the gas and at least tire Gobert out more.

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Game on right now is a blast to watch. Once Luka starts getting NBA superstar foul calls he will take another step. Big guard absorbs those hits from small guards I guess.

gpupil

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Game on right now is a blast to watch. Once Luka starts getting NBA superstar foul calls he will take another step. Big guard absorbs those hits from small guards I guess.
85-75 at half! Looks like Zion isn't the only one not playing defense.

OP
Oye

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
that game was 🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌!

OP
Oye

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gentry asked the NBA if they could re-do the last 2 minutes of the Jazz/Pelicans game since Utah will be coming off the court from their game as the Pelicans are going on for theirs.

He says he'd like to take his NBA COVID bubble one-time 'Do Over' today.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gentry asked the NBA if they could re-do the last 2 minutes of the Jazz/Pelicans game since Utah will be coming off the court from their game as the Pelicans are going on for theirs.

He says he'd like to take his NBA COVID bubble one-time 'Do Over' today.
Time to let Zion lose if they're serious about the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Poll: If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 39
Andrus Why Saints' Marcus Davenport will have a T.J. Watt-type edge rusher breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 6: Sean Payton speaks on coaches opting out of the 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL needs to create a bubble plan for 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees sidesteps whether 2020 will be his last season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 N/S Cowboys have canceled all of 2020 Season Tickets Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
How Many Saints will end up opting out of the 2020 NFL season? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 29: First Saints player to opt out of 2020 season and a preview of a 2020 Saints game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Jason Vander Laan opts out of 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Former Saints guard Warford, two current backups opt out of 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints TE Jason Vander Laan opts out of 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Former Saints OL Larry Warford to sit out the 2020 NFL season: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 9, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Marcus Davenport's goal for 2020? Outplay Cameron Jordan SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze Projecting the Tight Ends to make the Saints 53-Man Roster in 2020 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 7, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Inside Look: Saints Media Day 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - August 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Top 2020 training camp battles for Saints: Backup quarterback, receiver and tight end all question marks SR News Page Articles 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Nicolò Melli media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-5-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Team Preview Series: New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 4, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-4-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Preview: Saints are back but a lot depends on Drew Brees, on and off the field SR News Page Articles 0
Eric Hasseltine on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-1-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Zion Williamson media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans hope to return to early-2020 form in critical game vs. Grizzlies Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Eeyore NHL Stanley Cup 2020 Everything Else Board 9
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 1, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Josh Hart media availability - July 31, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - July 31, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans David Griffin media availability - July 31, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saints who must make an impact in 2020 for a Super Bowl win Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on July 31, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (7-31-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - July 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Podcast Round-Up, July 30th, 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Sean Payton: Call it whatever, 2020 preseason isn't training camp SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus NFL Top 100 Players of 2020: Where did the Saints end up ranking? SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Top 25 Saints of 2020: No. 12, David Onyemata SR News Page Articles 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on July 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0