NBA 2020 Season and Playoffs (2 Viewers)

I was shouting this at the tv all game.

He acts like he's just trying to get to another spot on the floor, meanwhile the ball handler just follows him on the way.

Gentry and his staff are supposed to point this out to the blind officials.

every coach of every team the Jazz have played has gotten in the officials ear about it

It’s all good, it’s all in the spirit of fun, this isnt life or death, it’s just basketball.. i feel like the team is doing the right thing with Zion (though i do think it would have been less controversial to just sit him last night).. and i dont think that Gentry is the answer at coach.

like I have said before....if Zion is going to be so limited, don't put him in with the starters. it is a disruption to the chemistry and timing. let him just come off the bench and dominate some backups for 15-20 minutes

This "medical team" mess is going to have Zion pulling an AD plan in a few years.

I mowed my grass instead of watching and glad I did. Gentry is still an idiot blaming medical staff for the loss.

This "medical team" mess is going to have Zion pulling an AD plan in a few years.

yeah, you’re right .. i mean, we’ve had Zion for so many years now and, every year, we just keep pulling him and limiting his minutes and- oh wait, nevermind.. Zion has barely been a Pelican for A FULL CALENDAR YEAR yet.

In real life, most people who know me well will tell you that I’m not someone who is known for my patience.. but compared to the urgency some Pels fans have to force Zion into action , medical advice be damned- this has me feeling like I’m the most patient guy in the world.

yeah, you’re right .. i mean, we’ve had Zion for so many years now and, every year, we just keep pulling him and limiting his minutes and- oh wait, nevermind.. Zion has barely been a Pelican for A FULL CALENDAR YEAR yet.

In real life, most people who know me well will tell you that I’m not someone who is known for my patience.. but compared to the urgency some Pels fans have to force Zion into action , medical advice be damned- this has me feeling like I’m the most patient guy in the world.

It's not about forcing him into action though. It's about getting him meaninful minutes at key points in the game. And he's physically healthy, with his only issue probably being his conditioning. Play him 10-15 minutes the first 3 quarters, then have him come in the last few minutes to start getting him used to crunch time situations. I don't think that's a big ask.

I get what you are saying, but up to this point, there is NOTHING that Gentry and staff have shown since here, that 2021-22 will be ANY different.

God forbid he picks up an injury in camp.

If he ends up injured again next year, i think some serious thought has to be given to his durability. Then what?

so why not find out NOW if he can withstand the rigors of 25-28 min a game? he is 20 years old and wants to play basketball for cryin out loud.

i just dont get this " thinking of the future" - the future is now. You have 9 games left. He didnt lose his conditioning on a 2 week leave. If he did, his conditioning wasnt all that great to begin with then.

I get what you are saying, but up to this point, there is NOTHING that Gentry and staff have shown since here, that 2021-22 will be ANY different.

If he ends up injured again next year, i think some serious thought has to be given to his durability. Then what?

so why not find out NOW if he can withstand the rigors of 25-28 min a game? he is 20 years old and wants to play basketball for cryin out loud.

i just dont get this " thinking of the future" - the future is now. You have 9 games left. He didnt lose his conditioning on a 2 week leave. If he did, his conditioning wasnt all that great to begin with then.

Did you happen to catch the Jordan doc Last Dance? I’m guessing you did since literally every person on the planet saw it... In i think ep 1 or 2, Jordan had an injury very early in his Bulls career, granted more serious than Zion’s, but the point I’m trying to make is that it was a constant source of tension between Jordan and coaches/mgmt.. i think he actually refused to leave the court at one point over their objections.. he missed what I’m sure seemed to Bulls fans at the time an ungodly amount of playing time, out of an abundance of caution.. but he went on to have an ok career.. Perspective is a funny thing.

He looked fit to me.

Did you happen to catch the Jordan doc Last Dance? I’m guessing you did since literally every person on the planet saw it... In i think ep 1 or 2, Jordan had an injury very early in his Bulls career, granted more serious than Zion’s, but the point I’m trying to make is that it was a constant source of tension between Jordan and coaches/mgmt.. i think he actually refused to leave the court at one point over their objections.. he missed what I’m sure seemed to Bulls fans at the time an ungodly amount of playing time, out of an abundance of caution.. but he went on to have an ok career.. Perspective is a funny thing.

Jordan had a broken bone-( Nov ) missed 64 games in the 85 season. ( his 2nd season )

Returned that season ( April ) for final 7 games and averaged 25 min a game ( and being on a minutes restriction ) . Made the playoffs. Scored 63 in double ot vs Celtics.

He was 22.

Point being, if he is ANYTHING like Jordan ( generational talent/player ) then we should be seeing 20-25 min out of him.

Or the only plausible answer at this point with Zion and his 15 minutes, is that his injury was/is far worse than we were led to believe, he isnt fully fit and could derail his career. Thats it. Thats the only answer.

Or the only plausible answer at this point with Zion and his 15 minutes, is that his injury was/is far worse than we were led to believe, he isnt fully fit and could derail his career. Thats it. Thats the only answer.

Why do you keep taking a one game sample size, and extrapolating it as if theyve been playing bubble games for weeks or months? And no, it’s not the same as when he was coming off an injury before the shutdown, and they were limiting him then.. This time, it’s becuase he was out of the bubble and inactive for two weeks while his teammates were actively practicing, it’s apples and airplanes.

This would have been the perfect time to get rid of the dap in between foul shots
Outside of blown NFCCG PI calls, that’s probably the worst thing in sports

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom