NBA 2020 Season and Playoffs (6 Viewers)

Wasn’t sure which thread to put this in

Good article on Rudy Gobert
======================

KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Rudy Gobert sat alone in a Disney World ballroom, putting the finishing touches on a rice bowl after practice.

The Utah Jazz’s all-star center set up a folding chair as his makeshift table, his 7-foot-1 frame hunched over as he dined in silence. When he finished, he grabbed a disinfecting wipe, the signature product of the NBA bubble, and methodically cleaned the surface.

When he finished, he nodded that he was ready to detail his emergence as the face of the novel coronavirus in American sports, a physically and emotionally taxing stretch during which he fought off the coronavirus and faced intense criticism for careless behavior leading up to his positive test.

“The media portrayed it like I caused the NBA to shut down,” the soft-spoken Gobert told The Washington Post in an extended interview Friday, “instead of saying that it’s a pandemic and Rudy Gobert tested positive. For a lot of people who don’t think further than what’s put in their faces, they really thought I brought the coronavirus to the United States.”

Gobert, a self-described jokester, smirked at the thought, but he wasn’t kidding............

Wasn’t sure which thread to put this in

Good article on Rudy Gobert
======================

KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Rudy Gobert sat alone in a Disney World ballroom, putting the finishing touches on a rice bowl after practice.

The Utah Jazz’s all-star center set up a folding chair as his makeshift table, his 7-foot-1 frame hunched over as he dined in silence. When he finished, he grabbed a disinfecting wipe, the signature product of the NBA bubble, and methodically cleaned the surface.

When he finished, he nodded that he was ready to detail his emergence as the face of the novel coronavirus in American sports, a physically and emotionally taxing stretch during which he fought off the coronavirus and faced intense criticism for careless behavior leading up to his positive test.

“The media portrayed it like I caused the NBA to shut down,” the soft-spoken Gobert told The Washington Post in an extended interview Friday, “instead of saying that it’s a pandemic and Rudy Gobert tested positive. For a lot of people who don’t think further than what’s put in their faces, they really thought I brought the coronavirus to the United States.”

Gobert, a self-described jokester, smirked at the thought, but he wasn’t kidding............

Nah, screw him
Sure I don’t want to be part of a negative media crush - that must suck
But he seems to hand wave his ‘joking’ - did not see one word of concern about the reporters he put in danger
Just a concern about teammates and how unfair it is to be judged off one video (even though he was a complete jack*** in that video)

Well its really the 9th seed the Pelicans looking at. They are currently 2.5 games out of the 8th seed and 0.5 games out if the 9th. You make the 9th seed you make the play-in game.

The thing is the Pelicans have an "easy" schedule the rest of the way while the teams in front of them have to run a gauntlet.

Opposing team fans already think the NBA has a conspiracy to get the Pelicans into the playoffs.

Well the pels had the easiest schedule remaining on the regular season after having the hardest schedule in the NBA to this point. One could also point out that if their schedule had been easier they likely would have had the 8th seed locked up or at least been the ones 3 or 4 games ahead.

Also, the tough teams will likely be resting players so those games wont be as difficult as they look on paper

Down 77-70 at the HALF. Lot of points here. Sacramento couldn’t miss in the first quarter and put up 49 points. Pretty good game.

Who’s got a handle on the 8th seed scenarios?

West Play-in
8-Seed9-SeedClose Enough for Play-In?Odds
GrizzliesTrail BlazersYes22%
PelicansGrizzliesYes15%
Trail BlazersGrizzliesYes14%
GrizzliesPelicansYes13%
Trail BlazersPelicansYes11%
GrizzliesSpursYes8%
PelicansTrail BlazersYes4%
GrizzliesSunsYes4%
GrizzliesKingsYes1%
SpursTrail BlazersYes1%
SpursGrizzliesYes1%

That’s a lot of Grizzlies. Does it take into account their loss of JJJ for the season?

it says “adjustments for injuries” but that’s still a big loss.

Giving up 49 in the first period (not the first half)? Wow!

idk how you reconcile giving up 49 in the first quarter. i just dont.

i didnt get to watch but im glad i didnt.

idk how you reconcile giving up 49 in the first quarter. i just dont.

i didnt get to watch but im glad i didnt.

They got within 2 in the second half but it didn’t look like they meant it. It was pretty ugly.

In last nights game between the Raptors and Magic, Aaron Gordon went up for a layup and Lowry fouled him pretty hard. He was on the ground a few moments.

When Gordon finally got up, he looked over at Kyle and said, “You’re a b-word”

Kyle stared him down and said, “836 is my room number. 836 my room number.”

🤣

Mannnnnnnnn i sure hope we arent looking at Stanley Roberts v2.0.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom