NBA 2020 Season and Playoffs (12 Viewers)

@Oye

You forgot Denver in your list of western teams.

Jokic is All-NBA. And 25 years old

Jamal Murray showed he is a legit all star and is 23

Michael Porter Jr is a “rookie” since he missed his actual entire rookie season with his back injury from Missouri and just turned 22.

Will Barton missed the entire piece of work with a knee and is the starting 3

Nuggets have the youngest team in the Playoffs again this year. Barring injury to Jokic they are a threat going forward.

Clippers better not let em get to a game 7.

ETA- if you type in PO s without the space the filter changes it to piece of work. I was so confused, more than normal

Last edited:
C'mon, We all know that Dallas is the best fit for Giannis. The best pass 1st point guard in the league, if not the best overall already but I am biased, and he is barely 21. Porzingas is only 25 as well but looking at the longevity history of 7'3 and taller NBA players doesn't look good for him.

All that being said, IMO, if he decides he doesn't want to stay in MIL, They will have to trade him to someone next year instead of letting him completely free in 2022.

As far as the Clippers, is that a well-coached team? I am not sure that it is. Way too much talent to let Dallas and Denver hang around and blow leads like they have in both series.

Hats off to the Raptors. What a title defense all year without Leonard. And one of the best seven-game non-Finals series I have seen in a long time.

Pleased/relieved that those two losses (game 3, inexcusable and would have ended the series, and game 6) didn't break the Celtics down. I was a little nervous last night but didn't have that old ice cold fear/dread I used to get when the Saints had a small 3Q lead against the 49ers, I figured after games 3 and 6 it would be our turn to grind one out, and we did.

Tatum needed to be the best player on the floor, and he was, and Smart....jesus, he's the current embodiment of Celtic Pride.

Difference between Beverly and Smart? Beverly can take the other team's best smaller player out of a game; Smart can win you the game. When they were down seven in the second quarter and I was a little concered Toronto could stretch it out, Smart just took over on both ends. And then the block on Powell.

Toronto was 35-9 in its last 44 games. They were 3-5 against Boston (with two wins at the buzzer or OT) and 32-4 against everybody else. In short, that was a monster win for us (without Hayward) against a team playing as well as any in the league.

I don't fear the Heat nearly as much. We'll do a lot better job of running their shooters off the 3P line (ask Lowry and FVV) and we have four different guys we can run at Butler (Tatum, Brown, Smart, and for short stretches Ojeleye).

Also, we get Kemba back :hihi: -- Miami doesn't have two defensive guards like Lowry and FVV -- among Dragic, Herro and Robinson, I don't think there's a one who can really trouble him or keep him from attacking the basket. He was about 30% from 3P against the Raps but shot 42% against the Heat this year.

Final point -- we might get Hayward back -- if we can get past Miami and get him at full speed for the Finals, I'm not fearing any team right now.

@Oye

You forgot Denver in your list of western teams.

Jokic is All-NBA. And 25 years old

Jamal Murray showed he is a legit all star and is 23

Michael Porter Jr is a “rookie” since he missed his actual entire rookie season with his back injury from Missouri and just turned 22.

Will Barton missed the entire piece of work with a knee and is the starting 3

Nuggets have the youngest team in the Playoffs again this year. Barring injury to Jokic they are a threat going forward.

Clippers better not let em get to a game 7.

ETA- if you type in PO s without the space the filter changes it to piece of work. I was so confused, more than normal

I havent seen Giannis to Denver anywhere. Maybe I have missed something. Just not a scenario I have come across.

edit- we coach against Jamals old coach here. He’s Scarborough/GTA local product.

I promise you that you don’t have to convince me that he’s good.

Oh as always I suck at the internet.

We (Nuggets) have no shot at the Greek freak. I doubt we would even call. It would cost us Jokic just to have the conversation and I wouldn’t do that trade.

I Just meant when naming teams that are in the West that he would have to face if he comes the the west.

again I am an idiot

Last night sucked. We were so off the entire series. Partly self inflicted. Partly Boston defense.

but pascal made history. Worst 3pt % (min 30 attempts) in a series in playoff history.

4 of 32

and a lot of them were open looks

efficiency was awful. Anyway I could continue to split statistical hairs.

but it comes down to this. He’s a good pippin. He played very very well pre Covid. And I think that gave us hope for the franchise as our guy. And I don’t think he is.

we will lose FVV. I hope we keep Ibaka. And I hope we sign Giannis (so says everyone else lol). Miami and NO are in the mix too.

for the rest of the series I am rooting for Miami. I like both teams left in the East but I prefer the way the Heat play ball better.

should be a really good series.
As someone who was (is) a HUGE fan of John Starks and had to suffer through his 2-18 in the finals, I acutely feel your pain

Giannis just unfollowed everything Bucks on Twitter... Whatever that means.

Oh wait... He just followed Luka!....... Maybe I am kidding.

Oh as always I suck at the internet.

We (Nuggets) have no shot at the Greek freak. I doubt we would even call. It would cost us Jokic just to have the conversation and I wouldn’t do that trade.

I Just meant when naming teams that are in the West that he would have to face if he comes the the west.

again I am an idiot

I went back an re read. It was my mistake. I didn’t clarify. I said lebron and kawhi and Dallas. I was thinking faster than I was writing as I always do on my phone.

there are two things I meant to make clear. Giannis has been linked to Dallas and NO and Lakers in the West. Then I was talking about tough teams in the West. But it got mixed up in my head. Denver is absolutely a top team in the West and should have been in that list. I was rushing to post before we went new shoes for the school year shopping. I had two different lists of teams in my head. And Denver was on one - should have been - and I didn’t put them down

it was my bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom