NBA 2k13 (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting this game. I usually don't do sports games often, but one of my buddies is getting me interested in it.

It's going for $39.99 on Amazon right now, while it's still $59.99 almost everywhere else. Can someone check to see if the Playstation Store is offering it for a better price? Someone said it was going for $29.99 on the PSN, but I can't verify from work.

Also, anyone play it?

They absolutely ruined this game with this Jay-Z nonsense. They tried to make the game "hip-hop" and lost sight of what they have been building towards. They improved on nothing. And the controls got noticably worse.

I've been a fan of the 2K basketball series for quite some time and I firmly believe that this year's is the worst in 5 years.

I usually keep 2K until about a month before the new one comes out. But I'm gonna trade this in as soon as something I want to play comes out. I will sell this game to whoever doesn't want to take my advice.

FIFA is the last man standing out of all the sports franchises. Nothing comes close.

widgeball_zps6c36b744.jpg

10 gig download. ugh.

Yeah, I know. I had the space though. Took forever to download, install, update, then set up the account and my player.

This game is infinitely better on PC with mods. Got Pelicans logos and uniforms and looks great. I've prolly put in close to 100 hours on myPlayer. Took me a few games to get used to the controls but in the end, I think they're better.

I'd never really listened to Jay Z much before but this game didn't exactly get me liking him. I just crack up every time Mercy plays. "I threw su- YUH YUH YUH on da tour bus."

Borrowed this..

Other than Jay Z song after Kanye song after Jay Z song what else did the Jay Z influence ruin? I turned off most of the music in the game.

I've only played a couple games and a couple in the "my career". Controls seem better since I don't have to switch to dribble only for the right stick. Are they just not as tight or is the right stick change too much from what you were used to? I didn't use the version they had last season because I didn't like it, this year it is usable.

Ran through the training camp to get used to it, seems ok. I don't really use it to shoot though, will have to practice right stick shooting.

I need to play a regular game or do the training camp, because I started off as "my player" and I was terrible.

I'm not just talking about the music. Some of the music isn't bad.

I'm talking about menus, loading screens, having to watch Jay-Z music videos before I start a game. The whole vibe of the game changed from last year to this year. Last year was near perfection.

The menu screens are weird. They are flashy, not intuitive. I'm still trying to figure out the lay out. But, last night after spending 2 hours downloading, installing, etc I just wanted to jump in.

I need to play a regular game or do the training camp, because I started off as "my player" and I was terrible.

To progress fast in MyPlayer, just don't crash the boards on defense. Snowbird every chance you get and call for the ball as soon as your teammate gets the board. You'll score 20 a game off of fastbreak layups.

On a side note: Other Mods / Admins -

Why is it when I go to edit thread and I want to edit my title to put NBA in all caps (Like I meant to originally) it lets me do it, but it doesn't happen? I'm not getting an error message. The log even said I went in an edited it. So, why hasn't it changed?

To progress fast in MyPlayer, just don't crash the boards on defense. Snowbird every chance you get and call for the ball as soon as your teammate gets the board. You'll score 20 a game off of fastbreak layups.

We called that Cherry Picking.

But Saint_Ward doesn't just play offense, Saint_Ward is a great defensive player. Saint_Ward might be the best player of all time. Don't tell Saint_Ward otherwise.

hehe.

In all seriousness, I mostly meant ball handling and such. I am playing as a PF.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom