NBA Playoffs 08: who ya got? (1 Viewer)

Mods! LC has an alt!

scary huh... maybe his offspring.

I hope the Suns win and I get to hear whining from Los Spurs about makeup calls. That'll make the playoffs complete for me.

Celtics in 4
Wizards in 6
Magic in 5
Pistons in 5

Lakers in 6
Jazz in 7
Spurs in 7
Hornets in 7

Rnd 2

I'm not sure of the matchups in rd 2, but this is what I'm going with assuming my matchups are correct.

Celtics over Wizs in 5
Pistons over Magic in 5
Lakers over Jazz in 7
Spurs over Hornets in 6

Conf Finals

Celtics over Pistons in 7
Spurs over Lakers in 6

Finals

Spurs over Celtics in 6

Altenative dream scenario

Hornets beat Spurs, Lakers and Celtics and win it all. CP3 is Finals MVP.

Last edited:
East:
(1) Boston v (8) Atlanta - Boston takes the series easily in 4, MAYBE 5 if Atlanta gets hot in a home game.

(4) Cleveland v (5) Washington - Wizards upset King James in 6, these two play every year and the Wizards should have figured out how to stop Lebron by now.

(3) Orlando v (6) Toronto - Magic get past Toronto easily providing Howard has a good and productive series. On the other hand if Bosh gets hot and Howard can't quell the beast then it could just as easily go the other way.

(2) Detroit v (7) Philadelphia - Pistons take this one or a reviving Philly, more playoff experience and the fact that the Piston are the second best in the conference take them to the finals

East Finals: Celtics over Pistons - The Celtics just look destined to go to the Finals this year, and as long as they don't lose KG somewhere along the way I see that happening.

Western Conference

(1) LA Lakers v (8) Denver - Lakers make this one a easy series win, may have some problems with AI and Melo in Denver but if they can hold down the fort for one of Den's home games then it's over in 5, if both then its over in 4.

(4) Utah v (5) Houston - I can't call it. Hopefully the Jazz take this one, not really a fan of Houston.

(3) San Antonio - (6) Phoenix - Spurs take this one in 5 sending Shaq and co. home with nothing to show yet again. I really don't see how they could lose if all their pieces are there, the Spurs simply have a better team than Phoenix unless Shaq starts to dominate like he used to which is unlikely.

(2) New Orleans - (7) Dallas - Hornets win it in 6, a hungry Dallas team gives them problems but Chris Paul works his magic and pulls the team together for a Series win in New Orleans.

West Finals: Lakers over Hornets in 5, Kobe takes over and it's lights out from there, CP is good for a win and this series could easily go to 7 depending on which Lakers show up, but the Lakers are clearly the better team in the series and a potential trio of Kobe, Gasol and Bynum would be too much for the Hornets to handle. Without Bynum it'll get tricky for the Lakeshow but I think they still pull it off thanks to Lamar stepping up with the boards like he's been doing.

NBA Finals: Lakers over Celtics in 7 if the Lakers have they're two big men fit and in form, this will be a great series to watch. Kobe steps up and makes the big plays when they're needed, and lets Pau and Bynum handle the tough stuff. Bynum is still a question mark, and if he doesn't return then it might just be Boston in 7. Pau, Kobe and Lamar are enough providing the role players produce and Kobe gets his 30-40 but if they don't Boston could run away with it.

Saturday game 1 -

Washington at Cleveland 12:30 PM - Cavs by 6

Phoenix at San Antonio 3:00 PM - Suns by 12

Dallas at New Orleans 7:00 PM - Hornets by 1

Utah at Houston too late - Jazz by 15

Haha, did anyone hear Tim Legler say that the Celtics would win it all over the Lakers? :smilielol:

They are the top two team in each conference, at least record wise :idunno:
I'm laughing at him saying the Celtics would win the Championship. The Lakers vs the Celtics is a real possibility, but no way do the Celtics win it all. No way.

I'm laughing at him saying the Celtics would win the Championship. The Lakers vs the Celtics is a real possibility, but no way do the Celtics win it all. No way.

If the Lakers play the Celtics, I think the Celtics win. The Celtics have more depth, better starters and they would have home court advantage.

I will break out my Sega and play Lakers vs Celtics if they make the finals in homage.

Yeah, the Celts could easily make the finals and win it.

The Lakers have a much more difficult road to even make the finals (except for their 1st rd bye). Once there, they could be spent.

Im sure im wrong but ill go out on a limb

East:
(1) Boston v (8) Atlanta - Boston in 4

(4) Cleveland v (5) Washington - Cleveland in 6

(3) Orlando v (6) Toronto - Orlando in 5.

(2) Detroit v (7) Philadelphia - Detroit in 4

Rnd 2
(1) Boston v (4) Cleveland - Boston in 6

(2) Detroit v (3) Orlando - Detroit in 5

East Finals
(1)Boston v (2) Detroit - Detroit in 6

Western Conference

(1) LA Lakers v (8) Denver - Lakers in 5

(4) Utah v (5) Houston - Im a Rockets fan but.... no Alston for the first 2 games and no Yao= Utah in 5 (hope im wrong)

(3) San Antonio - (6) Phoenix - San Antonio in 6

(2) New Orleans - (7) Dallas - Hornets in 7 (best first round series)

Rnd 2
(1) LA Lakers v (4) Utah - Utah in 6

(2) New Orleans v (3) San Antonio - New Orleans in 6

West Finals
(2) New Orleans v (4) Utah - Utah in 7

NBA Finals
Utah v Detroit - Utah in 6 a Utah Championship (ugh) I only hope this will make Jerry Sloan consider retierment because as a Rockets fan I HATE watching games against Sloan coached teams.

It's really important for the Hornets to win the first game. Just from an experience standpoint they need it.

I wonder if Ric Flair will be in the house? Whooo!

While Boston may not even make it to the finals, I will be pulling for them to win it all.

East:

(1) Boston v (8) Atlanta - Boston

(4) Cleveland v (5) Washington - Wizards

(3) Orlando v (6) Toronto - Orlando

(2) Detroit v (7) Philadelphia - Detroit

East Finals: Pistons over Celtics

Western Conference

(1) LA Lakers v (8) Denver - Upset of the playoffs:17: - Denver

(4) Utah v (5) Houston - Utah

(3) San Antonio - (6) Phoenix - Phoenix

(2) New Orleans - (7) Dallas - New Orleans

West Finals: New Orleans over Utah

NBA Finals: Detroit over New Orleans.(If the Hornets don't get back to playing good defense they don't make it out of the 1st round.)

I'll turn this into a gamethread I guess. The Suns are just abusing the Spurs right now. Duncan is outscoring the rest of his team. Boris Diaw inexplicably has returned to 05-06 form. All this without Shaq's help since he's been on the bench for pretty much the whole game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom