NBA Playoffs 08: who ya got? (1 Viewer)

Amazing how much better the Suns are than the Spurs when the refs make bad calls in THEIR favor for a change

Amazing how much better the Suns are than the Spurs when the refs make bad calls in THEIR favor for a change

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of the Spurs is going to lose it and get T'd up because of the refs in the second half. They're definitely not getting the calls they usually do. That and the fact that no one on the Spurs is scoring with any kind of consistency aside from TD. It's really a much more interesting series when Stoudamire and Diaw don't get suspended for doing nothing. This is the non-Hornets series that I am most excited about. And on the Hornets, it's just after 3 and I am officially pumped for the game tonight. I can't wait for CP to blow right by Kidd all night.

Edit: my spurs technical pick definitely goes to Tony Parker. If he gets one BS foul on him, it's gonna happen.

Edit 2: Actually, my sleeper pick is Popovic. He's already got one.

Last edited:
Finley. Wow.

There's no way the Suns win this one now. They're in shock. SAS will pull away in OT.

EDIT: Holy ****. This is the best game I've ever seen. The Suns are trying to give this game away. I was wrong before, but now I KNOW there's absolutely no way the Suns can win this without Amare in 2OT.

PHX is just lucky Peja's not there to hit the double-OT dagger at the buzzer.

Last edited:
Wow. Crazy game. Spurs will be in trouble in the Suns can run them that rough at home in game one.

Wow. Crazy game. Spurs will be in trouble in the Suns can run them that rough at home in game one.

With a lot of the Spurs being older players, I wonder how much this will affect them the rest of the series. Running a marathon on Day 1 doesn't exactly help you for a 7 game series.

Regardless, this game has been ****ing amazing. All of you who aren't watching are missing a game that will be on ESPN Classic for years.

Tim Duncan is an assassin! Steve Nash is Canadian! SA is taking the title this year.

Wow. Just wow. I don't care the slightest about either of these teams, and that was still the greatest game I've ever seen.

SPURS!!!!!! I love how TD lays low all year causing the writers to wonder if he's done then personally destroys the Suns in game 1. What a game.

Awesome game. When I saw Duncan take that shot I just knew he'd make it. The Suns had their chances but the mistakes killed them. Particularly the charge on Amare. He should have just taken the open jumper just inside the foul line. Not fouling when up by three and not in the penalty is a head scratcher IMO, but most coaches don't try it. The Spurs tend to start slow the first game of playoff series, and looked that way today. This was their best chance IMO. The Spurs should be ready the rest of the way.

Watching the Hornets and they've had a really nice run in the second half. CP3 and Chandler look great and West and Peja are doing a good job. Their D has been the difference.

Peja just put the nail in the coffin. Heh.

Last edited:
Wow, when Ginobili kicked it out to Duncan, it only lasted a second, but I had time to think, in succession, "Oh, crap, it's Duncan, he'll never get it! He can't shoot threes. Yeah, but you never know, he was wide open, OH MY GOD, HE GOT IT!" I've been a Spurs fan since I lived in South Texas when I was a teenager, and I was running around my house screaming multiple times there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom