NBA Playoffs 08: who ya got? (1 Viewer)

It's a shame the Spurs - Suns is a first round matchup. That was one of the best games I've seen in the playoffs regardless of round. Suns have to be demoralized after playing that well.

How bout dem Hornets. Mavs played the first half like a regular season game and the second half like a playoff game.

Now, the Lakers are eviscerating the Nuggets. Someone take Melo's keys before he leaves the arena.

samcassell.jpg

Your back-up Celtics point guard, ladies and gentlemen.

that sucked. Go Lakers! Go Kobe!

So you're hatin' because youth didn't win out against experience and maturity? Was I the only one who saw this coming?

The Hornets couldn't beat the Mavs because of experience and maturity. We couldn't win game 5 in the Spurs series because of experience and maturity. So yeah, I guess it was just you who saw it coming.

I'm hatin' on the Spurs for the same reason I've hated on them for the last 5-10 years.

Floppin', complaining and dirty aren't my favorite traits in a basketball team.

And you still watch the NBA?

You're right. But the Spurs play an effective, but boring style of basketball. No razzle dazzle, lots of foul-drawing, lots of passing, etc. Just a plodding, methodical brand that is boring to watch. Period. That's why no one except Spurs fans and basketball coaches want to watch them play.

You're right. But the Spurs play an effective, but boring style of basketball. No razzle dazzle, lots of foul-drawing, lots of passing, etc. Just a plodding, methodical brand that is boring to watch. Period. That's why no one except Spurs fans and basketball coaches want to watch them play.

True...but it works. I see occasional flopping and every once in a while you'll see questionable play but you do not see this to the degree that you see it in most other teams. I actually think that the Hornets play pretty cleanly for the most part.

The reason that I am not a Hornets fan is because they are not the New Orleans Jazz. When the Jazz moved I lost interest in NBA basketball for many, many years. Even if the NBA encouraged the Jazz to trade names with the Hornets so that they could be the New Orleans Jazz again I am not sure that I would be a fan. Pistol Pete might roll over in his grave.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom