NBA Playoffs 2019 (5 Viewers)

Do you have any medical text that supports this “contracts violently = not healed or ready for stress” idea?

I’m not saying you’re wrong but you might also be talking out your arse. I don’t know what the contraction means, I don’t have any medical training. Do you or are you just presuming based on what appears like common sense?

the "contracts violently" that Chao was pointing out was just the moment in which the achilles tore. That "jello shake" of the entire calf is the "recoil" from the rupture. Its violent and audible.

Im almost certain he was not saying that the "violent contraction" is what caused the rupture, rather that is the result OF the rupture. I think folks are misinterpreting what he was saying.

With that said, from personal experience, he obviously wasnt healed fully. Im sure his desire to play had a role in this. Fully functional achilles tears just dont happen. Repeated tendonitis ( which is basically small tears ), partial tears lead to one being at much greater risk of full tear. Believe it or not, certain antibiotics ( Levaquin) increase tendon rupture rates. ( i was told not to run during a treatment with Levaquin for a bad sinus infection ). There is also studies that say corticosteroid injections contribute ( but i bet thats more of a "masking the injury" reason versus reducing tensile strength of the tendon)

Is it GSWs fault ? shoot idk. I played rec soccer and went out a week after i injured mine, loaded up on ibuprofen, and subsequently tore it completely on the very first movement ( literally whistle blew to start, went to take off, POW) I suspect his desire to play was WELL beyond what mine was. Im also almost certain that they performed all the tests needed to make sure he was as close to 100% as possible. Unfortunate for him, even 90% is a problem for the achilles. Its just not 100%

And as Dr Rolling told me, pain in a tendon = bad. That means tear. period. ( and that i was no longer 22 lol )

But i think folks are reading Chaos tweet to mean the violent contraction is what tore it, when it was the actual recoil of the rupture.

the "contracts violently" that Chao was pointing out was just the moment in which the achilles tore. That "jello shake" of the entire calf is the "recoil" from the rupture. Its violent and audible.

Im almost certain he was not saying that the "violent contraction" is what caused the rupture, rather that is the result OF the rupture. I think folks are misinterpreting what he was saying.

With that said, from personal experience, he obviously wasnt healed fully. Im sure his desire to play had a role in this. Fully functional achilles tears just dont happen. Repeated tendonitis ( which is basically small tears ), partial tears lead to one being at much greater risk of full tear. Believe it or not, certain antibiotics ( Levaquin) increase tendon rupture rates. ( i was told not to run during a treatment with Levaquin for a bad sinus infection ). There is also studies that say corticosteroid injections contribute ( but i bet thats more of a "masking the injury" reason versus reducing tensile strength of the tendon)

Is it GSWs fault ? shoot idk. I played rec soccer and went out a week after i injured mine, loaded up on ibuprofen, and subsequently tore it completely on the very first movement ( literally whistle blew to start, went to take off, POW) I suspect his desire to play was WELL beyond what mine was. Im also almost certain that they performed all the tests needed to make sure he was as close to 100% as possible. Unfortunate for him, even 90% is a problem for the achilles. Its just not 100%

And as Dr Rolling told me, pain in a tendon = bad. That means tear. period. ( and that i was no longer 22 lol )

But i think folks are reading Chaos tweet to mean the violent contraction is what tore it, when it was the actual recoil of the rupture.

Spot on about Levaquin. Nasty stuff. That’s why it got discontinued and is off the shelves in 2020. Many many lifelong debilitating side effects from that drug. The Fluoroquinolone family all have big risks but that one takes the cake.

solid post
was helpful

Ha....apparently the "apple time" story is false:

I remember thinking 12 apples sounded excessive.......but most people aren't 6'7'' either.

tenor.gif

so whats everyones opinions for tonights game? can the warriors force a game 7? or can toronto put the nail in the coffin?

personally, i'm hoping toronto wins.... sunday... i want a game 7. but wont be disappointed if toronto wins it tonight, i'd rather them pull it off at home.

so whats everyones opinions for tonights game? can the warriors force a game 7? or can toronto put the nail in the coffin?

personally, i'm hoping toronto wins.... sunday... i want a game 7. but wont be disappointed if toronto wins it tonight, i'd rather them pull it off at home.
If you want Toronto to win, hope they close out tonight. Home court hasn't mattered much. If the Warriors manage to force a game 7 then barring further injury, I think the series is theirs.

That said, I think it's over tonight.

Warriors playing that zone daring the Raptors to beat them with 3 point shooting. Lowery and VanVleet come back in the game and do just that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom