NBA Playoffs 2019 (1 Viewer)

Oye

existential poststructuralist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Getting underway today!

Watching Leonard is going to be a treat. Even though the Raptors have had a decent run the last few years, I haven't gone into a post-season quite this excited. Gasol has been a difference maker, too.

The emergency appendectomy for OG Anunoby is scary and not sure where his minutes go. Lin, maybe?

Regardless, really excited for this run.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
Depends on the size of the man too. Cousins was nearly a year just because he's a 285 pound man. Durant is a toothpick so I'm thinking he might have less recovery.
average recovery from these 5 players is 280.6 days. with i believe cousins being the youngest and the longest recovery. 280 days from surgery will put him around mid march next year returning. if he takes the 357 cousins took, he might return for playoffs, or miss the whole season.

per nba.com
durant - 6'-9" 240
cousins - 6'-11" 270

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought Achilles were usually 9-12 months
for you and me....9-12

for a star athlete? ( read- access to treatment that only star athletes receive - cryo, PRP therapy daily, steroids etc etc ) - 6-9.

its why Kobe went to Germany .....

The reason Kobe, A-Rod, and other athletes travel to Germany for their biologic treatments involves a vague FDA regulation that mandates that all human tissues (such as blood and bone marrow) can only be “minimally manipulated,” or else they are classified as a drug and subject to much stricter governmental regulations. The problem, of course, is figuring out what “minimal” means in the context of biologics. Can the blood be heated to a higher temperature, as with Regenokine? Spun in a centrifuge? Can certain proteins be filtered out?2 Nobody knows the answer to these questions, and most American doctors are unwilling to risk the ire of regulators.

and i think others have explained, size/type of activity will dictate as well. Someone running in a straight line primarily will have the ability to return quicker simply because the stresses arent the same as say a basketball player who relies heavily on cutting/jumping over 2 hr period.

Last edited:

mikaloyd

minion_patriot_drinker
Reaction score
Ive got this odd feeling that they wont rush KD back and will give him whatever extra time he wants before playing again even if he doesnt play at all next season and part of the one after.

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think they've got a great shot. The organization respected him, treated him like a professional, they listened to him/his concerns, and they won a title.

The next big "result" will be his announcement. Staying will in some ways eclipse this morning's victory, because this team has the potential to go the distance again.

If he does leave, the fans will always respect what he did. He's a legend in this country just in one year.
I would love to know what Coach Pop was thinking, down in San Antonio.

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on the size of the man too. Cousins was nearly a year just because he's a 285 pound man. Durant is a toothpick so I'm thinking he might have less recovery.
I was wondering about that. Durant is such a toothpick that he doesn’t have any extra padding anywhere to protect muscles, tendons etc etc.

I was watching an interview with Tiger Woods, who was trying to give support & encouragement to KD. Tiger said, “We are asking our bodies to do things that it is not suppose to do. We do it because we are competitors. We want to be the best there is at that time.”

Tiger also talked about the long hard road to recovery & what a giant PIA it is. So I imagine that no matter how much better the professional athlete has it, all of the endurance it takes to do the work of recovery is still a real PIA.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Haha. I have no idea what I’m talking about
Turns out you were right, but it was worse. Endorphins and adrenaline can hide a serious injury for awhile. Deuce McCallister said he was able to walk off the field after he tore his ACL and didn't feel the real pain until the following day.

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
Almost half of Canada watched part of this game - via MobileSyrup.com

"According to Bell Media and data from Numeris, Thursday’s game saw an average of 7.7 million viewers on TSN, CTV, and RDS, and a record 15.9 million Canadian viewers tuned in to watch some part of the game and witnessed history — which represents 44 percent of Canada’s population. Bell notes that viewership peaked at 11:47 p.m. EST to with 9.99 million Canadians watching the game’s final minute."

From what I can tell, U.S. TV ratings (for ABC) were a little higher. Bear in mind, you have roughly ten times the population.

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
“After Game 2 in Milwaukee, I was trying to get to the team bus and one of the dudes in the Milwaukee arena just screams at me. He’s like, “Where do you think you’re going?!” And I’m like, “Uh, I’m trying to get to the team bus.” He’s like, “What?! Where’s your pass?” I was like, “I don’t have a pass. I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t have a pass.”

“This happens in a lot of arenas, so I just kind of go with the flow.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom