NBA Playoffs 2019 (1 Viewer)

Oye

existential poststructuralist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Getting underway today!

Watching Leonard is going to be a treat. Even though the Raptors have had a decent run the last few years, I haven't gone into a post-season quite this excited. Gasol has been a difference maker, too.

The emergency appendectomy for OG Anunoby is scary and not sure where his minutes go. Lin, maybe?

Regardless, really excited for this run.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
OP
OP
Oye

Oye

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So the last few days have been crazy around here and there are a few things I wanted to add to the thread, but rather than pack it all into a jumbled single post, I'll string them in a row. It'll be multiple posts, but I think it'll make more sense that way.

And will they hate him if he leaves?
Nope.

He will be given a standing ovation his first return to Toronto. No question. I mean, perhaps something could happen that would sour the team on him, but it wouldn't be for simply leaving.

The fans knew the deal going in and at the beginning most people thought it wouldn't be enough for a title, but it would help a ton and if, by some chance, we won with him - it would be worth it.

And everyone is still pretty much in that camp still.

However after the win and conventional wisdom around here, I think a lot more people think the chances of him staying are greater than before and a 1 and 1 contract - one more year with a second year featuring a player option - is possible.

Then he can still get a longer term max deal out west.

Now, it makes sense to me, but I want that to make sense. So if he signs somewhere else, there would be more disappointment than a month or two ago, but it would be totally understandable.

OP
OP
Oye

Oye

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how many of you heard about or saw Plant Guy, but he was walking down Yonge St. and a reporter caught up with him - because he was holding a big plant. Here's the interview:

He was so hammered carrying his "Kawactus" - which he obviously pulled out of some plant display on the streets.

and then there's this dude who climbed a pole at Yonge & Dundas Square (the major intersection downtown) - people were scaling all sorts of walls and scaffolding to get higher.

OP
OP
Oye

Oye

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To give you an idea of the size of one part of the celebrating, here's a map of Toronto - the red line is part of Yonge St - the longest street in the world.

It's 1200 miles long.

ANyway, the red line is what was blocked by police - an 11-mile stretch that was filled with pedestrians, they had to close it to traffic. Eleven miles of street closed for hours because people were partying. It was crazy.

and here is a nice video taken from 40 floors up and you can hear the entire city. The volume lasted at least a few hours. People just celebrating so hard, so loud, so long, so happily. Pretty incredible. Downtown really didn't clear until between 4 and 5am.

OP
OP
Oye

Oye

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll add more later, because I don't want to post too many times in a row but I'll just post this last one for now

Monday at work was supposed to be an 8-to-4 day.

Boss told us on Friday to make it a 1ish-to-4 day so we can make it to the parade!!!!!

Pretty amazing gesture.

Might keep the kids out of school to attend :yes:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To give you an idea of the size of one part of the celebrating, here's a map of Toronto - the red line is part of Yonge St - the longest street in the world.

It's 1200 miles long.

ANyway, the red line is what was blocked by police - an 11-mile stretch that was filled with pedestrians, they had to close it to traffic. Eleven miles of street closed for hours because people were partying. It was crazy.
that's almost the length of manhattan
that's 3 whole endymion parade routes long

dang

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
There’s apparently around 2,000,000 people in Toronto taking in the parade festivities. The crowd size has exceeded organizer’s expectations; the scheduled ceremonies are way behind schedule.

People are watching on TV across the nation - they should have declared a national holiday!

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There’s apparently around 2,000,000 people in Toronto taking in the parade festivities. The crowd size has exceeded organizer’s expectations; the scheduled ceremonies are way behind schedule.

People are watching on TV across the nation - they should have declared a national holiday!
They were all yelling, “1 more year” at Kawhi! So
Kyle Lowry told the crowd, as he put his arm around Kawhi, “5 more years, 5 more years!” 😍
LOVE IT!!! 👍🍺

Warriors are total class - took out a full page ad in the Toronto paper, congratulating the Raptors.

Drake flew some of the players, including Kawhi, back to Toronto on his private $220 million jet. Geez.....serious coin from making 🎶

Enjoy every second Canada 🇨🇦 you DESERVE it, & thx for all of fun & excitement that you gave the rest of us, watching nail biting, great 🏀!

mikaloyd

minion_patriot_drinker
Reaction score

whole lotta people at the Raptor parade

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom