NBA Playoffs 2019 (1 Viewer)

Oye

existential poststructuralist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Getting underway today!

Watching Leonard is going to be a treat. Even though the Raptors have had a decent run the last few years, I haven't gone into a post-season quite this excited. Gasol has been a difference maker, too.

The emergency appendectomy for OG Anunoby is scary and not sure where his minutes go. Lin, maybe?

Regardless, really excited for this run.

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That was great last night when Kawhi said, “ALL of the players deserve the MVP trophy.”

This is a FANTASTIC vid 😂!!! Kawhi, “I am just limpin’ around.” Thx for posting 👍🍺
I have watched this video at least 6 times, it is soooo hilarious!

“I am just limpin’ around, ‘cause I ain’t got to play no more games.”

I love it 😍

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I am counting on free agency and its aftermath to get me past July 4, at which point I can hang on until camp opens on July 25; this is my annual three-week sports break.

Meanwhile, this NBA offseason wild.

OP
OP
Oye

Oye

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it was awesome that Giannis got MVP - his speech was moving. Seeing him in tears, a big vulnerable Superman was a great moment. He talked about his family and how much they mean to him.

Rather than link that speech, though, I thought I'd include my favorite Giannis story, that starts with him going to a Western Union to send money home to his family in Greece, but not having enough money after that for a cab ride in Milwaukee... in late November.... in 20 below weather... to get to a GAME that night.

https://www.brewhoop.com/2014/3/6/5478088/giannis-fan-driver-arena

On Saturday, Nov 23, it was cold in Milwaukee (below 20 degrees in the afternoon). I was shopping in the Brady Street area (the east side of Milwaukee, a few minutes away from the BMO Harris Bradley Center) with my boyfriend of 35 years. We saw a tall black guy running by and he looked familiar. I drove by him again four blocks away and realized it was Giannis. I stopped the car, rolled down the window and asked if he wanted a ride.

"Are you going to the Bradley Center?" he asked and I said yes. He was wearing only a windbreaker.

When he got in the car, I said "you need a winter jacket." He said his credit card didn't work & he'd sent all the money to his family in Greece. He thanked us over and over again for the ride. He was running from where he lives ("on Lake Drive," he said). I got an autograph (in Greek!), but didn't think to get a photo (I'm full of regret). Imagine a photo of all 6'10" of him in the backseat of my Honda Fit (incredibly small back seats)!

We dropped him off at the BMOHBC and he said "Thanks, you really saved me!" I was so excited to have him in my car, that I didn't even think to get a photo. I hope he now has a winter jacket and proper transportation.
cab fare definitely won't be a problem in a couple of summers from now

what a great season

OP
OP
Oye

Oye

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
from Toronto's GM Masai Ujiri... and more about why I love this team, love this game, how Canadian basketball is improving leaps and bounds and how global it is indeed getting

OP
OP
Oye

Oye

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Utah, Brooklyn, Milwaukee having a really good day so far....

I assumed Middleton would stay and get paid, but I wasn't expecting this....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom