NBA Playoffs 2019 (1 Viewer)

The Finals cooled for sure - I know I didn't find the Finals all that compelling last year. But the Western Conference finals were ?

The NBA also has done a masterful job with offseason relevancy.

Agreed.............the WC Finals were definitely must-see-TV last year............and the NBA finals would have been a bigger deal if not for the J.R. Smith gaffe. LeBron knew exactly what most of us knew when he had that forever-meme'd facial expression: go ahead and have the title celebration right now, it's over. I don't think Cleveland realistically would've had a chance at winning the series even with a 1-0 lead.........but they HAD to win that first game to have any remote chance at making that into a series.

As far as offseason relevancy...........they've done such a great job with that to where it's almost a detriment, I dare say. Some months back I heard multiple discussions about where Kyrie Irving would go for the 2019/2020 season. It's like...really? The guy is on a team that's pretty much guaranteed of going to the playoffs, and we're already obsessing over where he lands next season? I've heard other similar discussions break out.....so I'm not just singling out Kyrie here. Just confirming your point that NBA has made early July super-relevant.......at times even more relevant than the actual games.

but leonard is a forking awesome presence.

for lebron, talking playoffs more than reg season.

Leonard is so much fun to watch!

Last Sunday, we got a special invitation to the game vs the Heat. And, as part of the day, we got to attend the closed door shootaround before the game.

Seeing him warm up just a few feet away is something else. His athleticism is ridiculous, even next to other NBA players. His hands are huge. He's a massive dude.

Would just love to be able to keep him here...

Last Sunday, we got a special invitation to the game vs the Heat. And, as part of the day, we got to attend the closed door shootaround before the game.

Seeing him warm up just a few feet away is something else. His athleticism is ridiculous, even next to other NBA players. His hands are huge. He's a massive dude.

he is so quiet. makes it really hard to guess his intentions lol

As far as offseason relevancy...........they've done such a great job with that to where it's almost a detriment, I dare say. Some months back I heard multiple discussions about where Kyrie Irving would go for the 2019/2020 season. It's like...really? The guy is on a team that's pretty much guaranteed of going to the playoffs, and we're already obsessing over where he lands next season? I've heard other similar discussions break out.....so I'm not just singling out Kyrie here. Just confirming your point that NBA has made early July super-relevant.......at times even more relevant than the actual games.

I think this is actually a fair point. I think artificially dragging some of these out will be a detriment. Kyrie is a great example. I don't find him a particularly compelling FA story, fwiw. So that probably tempers my interest.

I think this is better served after the actual season is over. At least for players whose teams are in the playoffs - because while they are going on, that should be the story.

Though I can understand people scrambling for another story during last year's Finals. Ugh.

he is so quiet. makes it really hard to guess his intentions lol

it drives everyone nuts up here

the franchise has done everything they can to accommodate him. From time off. To hiring an attache. To throwing money at him. And some other things.

But it's become a bit of a meme up here - where people read something into something he does or says - or doesn't - as an indication he's staying.

He wore a Canada Goose jacket in a presser? He stay.

He calls Kyle Lowry "K-Low"? He stay.

He goes on Serge's cooking podcast? He stay.

He bought a house in Toronto? He stay.

And so on.

i like him not being there. we get to see different types of drama instead.

Even as a fan of LeBron, I totally get it.

It was probably good for the NBA to have him in a situation this season where it would be an uphill battle to even make the playoffs, let alone be in a position to head to a 9th straight Finals appearance. Now, as has been mentioned in this thread, other future stars have a chance to grab the moment. Or maybe established stars like Chris Paul and James Harden can finally have that elusive championship moment............even though the Warriors will potentially have more of a say in stopping that than LeBron would've.

Even as a fan of LeBron, I totally get it.

It was probably good for the NBA to have him in a situation this season where it would be an uphill battle to even make the playoffs, let alone be in a position to head to a 9th straight Finals appearance. Now, as has been mentioned in this thread, other future stars have a chance to grab the moment. Or maybe established stars like Chris Paul and James Harden can finally have that elusive championship moment............even though the Warriors will potentially have more of a say in stopping that than LeBron would've.
yep.

there are still a lot of “what if” questions for the east. no doubt he the player in the east who made everything relevant.

without him, i also see that the east is starting to acquire a sheet-ton of superstar talent.

this is a good potential as to when i like the nba; challenges and not (educationally, not just via vegas etc) automatically assuming who will win the east.

if not this year, hopefully next year, even more so than 18-19, the balance is closer to be restored and we get to watch the great contests we grew up with start again; new or old contests, but still contests.

the 80s and 90s (most of) nba was so enthralling. finally, it appears to be on it’s way there again.

the “balance”, questionably aside, if the two conferences had more than one team who could challenge for conference titles, were strong nba championship contenders, without question, an equal chance (top 2-3 of each conference) to be in the finals, would make it more of a watchable contest than what we’ve seen in recent years.

we aren’t quite there yet, but it appears to be close. i’m excited. also, a tiger major win gives me wood(s) (lol).

started writing this semi-sober, finished not sober. hopefully makes sense.

Sweeeet!!! Leonard is my favorite player, because he is great, so humble & quiet. Same as Tim Duncan.

There is no, “look at me, look at me” with those guys.

so, I remember a time when I was hoping the Pistons could upset the Bucks so the Raptors could theoretically have home court advantage.

That ended about 90 seconds into this game....

He is unreal to watch. Maybe he grabs the reins in these Lebron-less playoffs?

The Blazers losing Nurkic hurts a lot and I'm honestly not sure if they will survive the 1st round against OKC. Kanter has been a very underrated pickup and has helped tremendously. I know the Blazers won game 1 but but there is still a lot of games left. I would be nice to see them make it out the 1st round after getting knocked out in the 1st the last two seasons. If they make it to the 2nd against the Nuggets it will be a very tough series All 4 of those regular season games were decided by only a point or two. If the Spurs somehow steal the series from the Nuggets I like the Blazers changes of beating them in the 2nd round and making it to the conference finals. However, I don't have much hope for them surviving the Rockets or Warriors.

Holy sheet, the Clippers came from 31 down and are about to win this game. Up 4 with 5 seconds left.

Edit...and that's a wrap. I didn't see that coming, but the Clippers never quit. What a game by Beverly and Williams.

Warriors will win the series...but it's fun to watch these young guys put together a comeback like this. Clippers could be a team to watch in the near future. They have a ton of young guys.

anybody else relieved we didn't give boogie a max deal? not only did we not buy damaged goods but the situation also exposed AD as the beta male he truly is.

Did I hear correctly that Boogie busted up a quad pretty bad? :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom