NBA Playoffs 2019 (2 Viewers)

Already enjoying this year's playoffs -- five lower seeds winning in the first 10 games, including two sevens and an eight-seed. There are just so many good coaches and good teams now, and the player personnel foundation of the league has changed -- there's just SO much money available for players below the superstar level, instead of heading out to the clubs on the road, and partying all off-season, these guys are now mostly workaholics, with nutritionists and sleep coaches. There's a lot more competitive balance than people realize, even if the league seems top-heavy. The Warriors are not a lock anymore, even with that starting five.

And while it's a star-driven league, coaching really matters again -- guys want to learn to improve and extend their careers, so there's more listening to the teachers. Guys like Nate McMillan, Mike Malone and Terry Stotts are getting great production from whole-greater-than-the-parts-sum lineups. And the advanced metrics make for teams better at attacking weaknesses and going at strengths, the whole product is just so improved.

Better and more stable ownership helps, such as swapping out Donald Sterling for Steve Ballmer. Watch and see what Mrs. B does in New Orleans now.

Also, the NBA is now more year-round relevant than it's ever been, at least to those of us that follow it, and the players and teams are the liveliest on social media.

And Giannis, an incredibly likeable superstar.

Great time to be an NBA fan, and I go back to 1969. In many respects, these are the good old days.

I agree, the roster changes have taken getting used to, but I like the direction the league is taking. There are a lot of up and coming, fun to watch young players staking their claim. It's compelling stuff. I don't have as much time as I'd like to watch the NBA, but I do try to watch a couple of games a week during the playoffs.

I turned the game off at halftime. I'd seen enough. Assumed the game was essentially done.

Missed history ??

I do like how Beverly plays and gets under others' skins. Enjoyed watching him in Houston - haven't seen as much since LAC.

Spurs looking pretty strong and very easily could have been up 3-0. I'm slightly surprised. I thought Denver would have a better showing, but their youth and lack of playoff experience is probably hurting them. It's easy to see they're more talented than the Spurs, but Pop knows how to coach defense, which is a big part of winning in the playoffs.

I've enjoyed watching the few games I have. And the post game on TNT is usually hilarious. Barkley, Shaq and "The Jet" just have great chemistry. The Shaqtin a fool last night had me rolling on the floor. Funny sheet.

I love a team coming into an opponent's building playing hard defense and rebounding while letting the game's offensive pace come to them. And those defensive boards are helping push the pace. The Raptors have so much talent all over the floor - and moving the ball well.

NBA Officiating... :jpshakehead:

One of the things I hate most about the NBA. Some things never change.

the Toronto game was just brutal. It was so one sided - times when alternating possessions featured the same exact play and different calls made. They looked lost out there. Pretty absurd free throw discrepancy for two teams going at the rim with the same intensity and the same amount of contact.

Ugh...

Dudley should be tossed

eta - wasn't even a foul by Embiid - that's a rep call
i guess if Dudley got tossed Butler had to go too, but that's not equal, Dudley needs to sit next game too

this game has been incredible... Siakam and Leonard are playing ridiculous ball. Need another half like this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom