NBA Playoffs 2019 (1 Viewer)

*Wakes up at 3:30 AM because back hurting*

*Looks at phone and sees the Raptors won.*

giphy.gif

I think they'll both be back on the court next season at some point. Achilles injuries are typically a 4-6 month recovery time, and ACLs are 6-9. That puts Durant back around the start of the season, and Klay Thompson, if he stays in the shorter end of recovery times, around November December time frame.
That's the earliest time frame I've seen for the achilles. I've heard six months or so at the absolute earliest, and typically 9-12 months.

I think they'll both be back on the court next season at some point. Achilles injuries are typically a 4-6 month recovery time, and ACLs are 6-9. That puts Durant back around the start of the season, and Klay Thompson, if he stays in the shorter end of recovery times, around November December time frame.
I thought Achilles were usually 9-12 months

I think those two injuries have gray area - because there's pure 'recovery' and then there's return to (near) pre-injury effectiveness, which seems to vary quite a bit athlete-to-athlete.

Depends on the size of the man too. Cousins was nearly a year just because he's a 285 pound man. Durant is a toothpick so I'm thinking he might have less recovery.

Depends on the size of the man too. Cousins was nearly a year just because he's a 285 pound man. Durant is a toothpick so I'm thinking he might have less recovery.
average recovery from these 5 players is 280.6 days. with i believe cousins being the youngest and the longest recovery. 280 days from surgery will put him around mid march next year returning. if he takes the 357 cousins took, he might return for playoffs, or miss the whole season.

per nba.com
durant - 6'-9" 240
cousins - 6'-11" 270

I thought Achilles were usually 9-12 months

for you and me....9-12

for a star athlete? ( read- access to treatment that only star athletes receive - cryo, PRP therapy daily, steroids etc etc ) - 6-9.

its why Kobe went to Germany .....

The reason Kobe, A-Rod, and other athletes travel to Germany for their biologic treatments involves a vague FDA regulation that mandates that all human tissues (such as blood and bone marrow) can only be “minimally manipulated,” or else they are classified as a drug and subject to much stricter governmental regulations. The problem, of course, is figuring out what “minimal” means in the context of biologics. Can the blood be heated to a higher temperature, as with Regenokine? Spun in a centrifuge? Can certain proteins be filtered out?2 Nobody knows the answer to these questions, and most American doctors are unwilling to risk the ire of regulators.

and i think others have explained, size/type of activity will dictate as well. Someone running in a straight line primarily will have the ability to return quicker simply because the stresses arent the same as say a basketball player who relies heavily on cutting/jumping over 2 hr period.

Last edited:
per nba.com
durant - 6'-9" 240
cousins - 6'-11" 270

Cousins was injured Jan 28, 2018 and didn't play for the Warriors until Jan 18, 2019. That comes out to 355 days.

I'm not sold on the 270 either. :idunno:

Ive got this odd feeling that they wont rush KD back and will give him whatever extra time he wants before playing again even if he doesnt play at all next season and part of the one after.

I think they've got a great shot. The organization respected him, treated him like a professional, they listened to him/his concerns, and they won a title.

The next big "result" will be his announcement. Staying will in some ways eclipse this morning's victory, because this team has the potential to go the distance again.

If he does leave, the fans will always respect what he did. He's a legend in this country just in one year.

I would love to know what Coach Pop was thinking, down in San Antonio.

I was wondering about that. Durant is such a toothpick that he doesn’t have any extra padding anywhere to protect muscles, tendons etc etc.

I was watching an interview with Tiger Woods, who was trying to give support & encouragement to KD. Tiger said, “We are asking our bodies to do things that it is not suppose to do. We do it because we are competitors. We want to be the best there is at that time.”

Tiger also talked about the long hard road to recovery & what a giant PIA it is. So I imagine that no matter how much better the professional athlete has it, all of the endurance it takes to do the work of recovery is still a real PIA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom